nCorporateHR – Professionalism is at the core of our business and we at i-CHR are committed to best global practices. With over 10 years of labor management expertise with multinationals and nationals plus a dedicated team you can’t go wrong. In addition, as training and conducting career sessions are part of our portfolio, you get 3 services for the price of one! We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports To: Head of Project Management Office
Position: Senior Staff
- This is a staff role in the PMO unit of Operations department.
- The role requires knowledge and competences in project management, as it is a critical support role in developing adequate project management processes for the company.
- While the job is location based, it also necessitates site visits to project locations for data harvesting and coordination.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The roles and responsibilities of Project Assistant shall include but not limited to the following:
- Provide support in data harvesting from both internal and external sources for development of good project management processes.
- Prepare for review, project management processes/procedures and documents/templates for tendering purposes.
- Prepare for review, internal project management templates for deployment to projects.
- To contribute to operations department tender appraisal team in order to submit robust tender packages for tendered works.
- To participate in internal subcontractor’s technical evaluation.
- To work with other teams in the Project Management Office to develop proper planning and monitoring metrics for diverse projects being undertaken by company.
- Prepare, monitor and report the project risk register for different projects.
- Collaborate with other departments and units to develop project needs and practical solutions.
- Prepare project presentations for the PMO and management use on all projects.
- Carry out other roles and responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
Professional Qualifications / Competences:
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in Engineering and Environmental Sciences.
- PMI – PMP/PRINCE 2/CAPM certification is an advantage.
- Analytical skills are required.
- Presentations skills are required.
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environmental is required.
- Communications skill is required, fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Hands-on competences in the following software:
- Oracle Primavera
- Microsoft Project.
- Microsoft Suite.
- Autodesk AutoCad and Revit.
- Knowledge of any engineering design software.
- Knowledge of data analytical and presentation software is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in civil construction project roles, with 2 years in project and technical roles.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
7th February, 2023.