Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Our mission is to build resilience corridors of strong, locally owned farmer cooperatives driving profitable livelihoods in vulnerable communities of the Northeast. Nuru Nigeria prioritizes the smallholder farmers it serves and works to cultivate lasting meaningful choices through a community led, community driven and community sustained livelihood programs across the agriculture value chain. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Location: Michika, Adamawa
Job Code: NNJ.2021.12
Employment Type: Temporary
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for a 9 Months period, renewable based on funding and performance.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Coordinator, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for data cleaning and all MEAL related needs of the project.
- He/she will work closely with the project coordinator in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the GIZ livelihood project activities, and ensure that reports are prepared, documented and shared with the project coordinator at the right time.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The MEAL Officer will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager of Nuru Nigeria in close collaboration with the Deputy Program Director who would the technical lead on this project
The Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning Officer under the GIZ grant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the project coordinator in executing the GIZ grant.
- Support in the effective design, coordination and delivery of M&E for the project.
- Contributing to the development and utilization of monitoring tools, including pre and post training tests, surveys, discussion guides etc, and ensuring that the data tools are properly used.
- Support in organizing in data collection and analysis for beneficiary and community selection.
- Scripting of survey questionnaires using industry specific software e.g. xls form
- Support in facilitating and monitoring research activities (e.g. key informant/in-depth interviews, focus group sessions, quantitative surveys, FA recruitment and registrations etc.), working to time, budget and high quality.
- Support in the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, interpretation and communication of learnings to relevant/key Project and Management teams, to aid strategic thinking and decision making.
- Support project coordinator in preparation of data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Train and manage enumerators and other temporary MEAL workers on use of monitoring and evaluation tools and ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure the accurate and timely collection of program data from the field.
- Undertake the supervision and ensure quality control/assurance of M&E fieldwork.
- Support in the design of research sampling, research instruments (e.g. discussion guides and questionnaires) and design of presentation charts.
- Undertake administrative duties to include documentation, pre-field work logistic planning and resource acquisition. As well as findings from data quality audit and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access.
- Establish and maintain a project monitoring database system.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Respect for Nuru Nigeria identity, rules and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or related field and minimum of 4 years of directly relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in GIZ-assisted project is required.
- Experience working in the Northeast of Nigeria will be an added advantage
- Outstanding and effective oral communication and writing skills
- Extensive or reach experience with monitoring program implementation using qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- Experience using qualitative and statistical data analysis packages and database management systems
- Experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing, and analysis systems.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams.
- Proven capacity to facilitate coordination among diverse range of staff and stakeholders
- Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multidisciplinary work environment.
- Willingness to work and travel in all project areas.
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages is a must.
Nuru Nigeria Offers:
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new developmentapproach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Application Deadline: 5th September, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Non – discriminatory Employment Clause:
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.