Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a first class EPC company requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the positions below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use advanced knowledge of accounting to prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Identify risk management issues.
- This position will work in support of the Internal Audit management by:
- Demonstrating advanced understanding of internal control concepts and experience apply them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions;
- Working with management to implement the audit plan and system to assess the controls in place that mitigate identified risks to Takeda;
- Reviewing the day-to-day activities of resources from the co-sourcing consulting firm, including assessing and revising proposed audit programs, coordinating the review of documentation and implementing the interview schedule;
- Primary point of contact to manage audit files and records, ensuring files are maintained in accordance with Record Retention schedules;
- Demonstrating advanced knowledge to identify risk areas to through formal and informal risk assessments and gap analyses;
- Building networks and relationships with other functional areas to build support for the audit plans and initiatives;
- Writing and working with management to communicate action plans resulting from audit findings and recommendations, ensuring that all significant areas are appropriately documented and addressed;
- Ensuring adequate supervision of guest auditors.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Bachelor’s Degree in another discipline with appropriate coursework in tax and accounting.
- Typically requires 7-10 years of previous accounting and auditing experience with a minimum of 4 years in an international audit firm.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and standards.
- Proficient use of computer applications, such as MS Office and accounting software.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Proficient with relevant technical accounting tools, such as tax programs, research platforms, risk assessment technology, electronic binders, client portals, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- To accomplish the essential functions of the position, one must be physically able to operate or work with computers, calculators, reference books, computer software applications, phones, and other standard office equipment.
- The physical activities of the position include talking, reaching, grasping, light lifting, bending, squatting, and other repetitive motions.
- Work is considered sedentary and performed mainly in a pleasant office environment with rare exposure to environmental factors.
- Minimal safety hazards with general office working conditions.
- Travel varies based upon client needs.
- Contacts: Position has frequent contact with all levels of team members, clients, vendors, government agencies, professional groups, legal advisors, and consultants.
Job Title: Pipeline Projects Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting Line: Reporting to the Project Director
- To provide efficient solutions in Managing project objectives in Health, Safety, Environmental, Project Budget preparation and Control, Project cash flow, milestone achievements and invoicing, Lead Project meetings with client and subcontractors, Formulate project team in line with project requirements, Daily, Weekly, Monthly reporting, Liaison with Client and subcontractors, Lead the Quality Management Process, Coordinate and integrate support departments aligned to the project
- Manage and meet project objectives with the following priorities:
- Health, Safety, Environmental
- Project Budget preparation, review and monitoring.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly reporting, both internally and externally.
- Liaison with Client and subcontractors.
- Lead the Quality Management Process.
- Own and Manage the Project Schedule.
- Coordinate and integrate support departments aligned to the project.
- Project cash flow, milestone achievements and invoicing.
- Lead Project meetings with client and with subcontractors
- Formulate project team in line with project requirements.
- Management within the project of People, Processes, Procedures, Plans, Client contact and interface, Subcontractors and project supply chains.
Experience and Qualifcation
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in large scale pipeline construction.
- B.Sc in Mechanical/Civil Engineering
- Must have relevant project management certifications
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] with the Job Title as subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 24th July, 2017.