OPay is a one-stop mobile-based platform for payment, transportation, food & grocery delivery, and other important services in your everyday life. We combine Human excellence, expertise and technology together to achieve the best. Millions of users rely on OPay everyday to send and receive money, pay bills, and order food and groceries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the legal affairs management of the company and providing legal consultant services.
- Establish company legal management and contract management framework. Analyze, report & manage legal risks for business lines including (but not limited to) core-tech, fintech-related agreements.
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing contracts and relative documents for new & ongoing business transactions
- Cross collaboration with other departments
- Provide legal support for e-commerce and digital marketing initiatives
- Ensure onboarding and training of new business partners, and reinforce with existing business partners, to help drive value, discipline and assist business partner understanding of risk management and mitigation involved in the contract negotiation process.
- Develop expertise in relevant legal regimes, including data privacy laws and industry standards and intellectual property, in order to facilitate regulatory and internal compliance.
- Provide general legal advisory in company legal affairs and disputes.
- Manage external law firms and legal consulting.
- Other duties assigned by superior.
- Minimum of LLB
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL)
- 6-8 years’ post-qualification experience.
- Multinational/law firm experience desirable, though not mandatory.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian laws, regulations and policies.
- Depth and familiarity with the financial services industry, fintech regulations and policies.
- Excellent grasp of legal research, advisory and analysis.
- In-depth communication skills – drafting, review, negotiation.
- Excellent logic and comprehension, excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Great command of English (written, spoken).
- Excellent team leader.
- Highly motivated and achievement orientated.
- Genuine interest in digital platforms, financial technology services and innovation.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 10th March, 2022.