Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oil Demand Analyst
Job Code: 4.3.03
The prime objectives of the Department are:
- To promote OPEC views and technical analysis on short-term oil market developments to the industry at large and general public via the OPEC Monthly Oil Market Report (especially the feature article) as well as other reports, presentations and related pod casts.
- To prepare and contribute to reports to be submitted to the ECB, the BOG and other relevant meetings as well as papers for various OPEC publications.
- To provide pertinent and reliable information and analyses in support of decision-making and policy-making in Member Countries.
- To carry out, on a continuous basis, research programmes and studies on short-term petroleum market developments with the aim of issuing reports on a regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly and bi-monthly) as well as ad hoc basis highlighting important issues for their use and consideration.
- To conduct regular forecasts, elaborate and analyze oil market scenarios and prepare and publish reports on these findings.
Objective of Position
- To collect data via extensive communication and analyze factors that affect and influence global oil demand for crude and petroleum products for each region; forecast the World Oil Demand using quantitative tools as well as expert judgment; prepare on a monthly basis the sections on World Oil Demand for the Monthly Oil Market Report (MOMR).
- Prepares reports/contributions as follows:
- Section on world oil demand for the Monthly Oil Market Report, the Ministerial Monitoring Sub-Committee, the Annual Report, the World Oil Market Current Conditions and Immediate Prospect for the ECB. The Highlights of the Oil Market Situation for meetings of the BOG.
- Presentations on world oil demand short-term outlook to the ECB, to training seminars of Member Country participants;
- Analyses and consolidates pertinent information and documentation relating to world oil demand and assesses the impact on the short-term demand outlook
- Collects and analyses oil demand data in close cooperation with the Data Service Department and assesses the impact on the short-term oil demand outlook
- Prepares/revises the short-term world oil demand outlook on a monthly basis
- Studies and analyses the relative price of competing sources of energy and the possible effects on short-term oil demand
- In collaboration with the Modelling and Forecasting Analyst carries out studies to improve demand projections, particularly by developing a reference quantitative model.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Economics, Econometrics, Business, Finance or Energy Economics.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 8 years
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Energy economics
- Quantitative techniques and forecasting methods
- Knowledge of oil market developments.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head, Petroleum Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Click Here for More Information
Application Deadline: 14th September, 2019
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.