Pack ‘N’ Pay is a product of CIC Integrated Services LTD. CIC was created as a wholesale store that supplies food to offshore catering companies to feed the offshore workers. Pack ’N’ Pay was created as a product that would leverage technology to solve the problems of retailers and wholesalers. Pack ‘N’ Pay officially started operations on January 18th, 2021and launched her e-commerce website on March 1st, 2021. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- As the Accountant, you are responsible for financial reporting,accounting operations, and compliance with all financial regulations and procedures.
- Ensure a high service to clients and other stakeholders and take responsibility for and lead the company’s day-to-day financial and accounting requirements.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Manage all accounting operations, including Account receivables and Payables, General Ledger, and Revenue Recognition.
- Oversee the Preparation and publishing of timely financial statements and other regulatory Reporting.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
- Coordinate month-end and close year-end Process.
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with accounting standards, rules and regulations, taxes, policies, and procedures.
- Standardize and streamline accounting operations.
- Implement proper internal controls, coordinate audit processes, and ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- Overseeing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Prepare the statement of accounting policies for the audited financials in compliance with the IFRS.
- Ensuring all reports adhere to Accounting standards, rules, regulations, local filing requirements, and Accounting best practices.
- Development and implementation of a formal risk management framework.
- Ensuring compliance with CIT, VAT, and other local taxes.
- Evaluating systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Management and tracking of inventory.
- Liaise with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system consultants
- Post all Payroll entries
- Any other assigned responsibilities.
Requirements and Skills
- MSc or BSc in Accounting, Finance, or relevant Degree
- 4 – 5 years work experience as an Accountant in a competitive business entity.
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting regulations and procedures including the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical and computing skills
- Professional Qualificationsuch as ICAN, ACCA, and CPA is mandatory.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools, advanced Excel skills including vlookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent Oral and Written skills.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Quickbook.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 19th September, 2023.