Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Proposal Development Consultant
- Pact is recruiting for an OVC Consultant to support pre-positioning efforts for an upcoming USAID-funded proposal in Nigeria.
- The Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Social Service Activities in Nigeria (OSSA) project aims to reduce the impact of HIV on OVC by lowering their vulnerability and risk.
- The objective of this consultancy is to support Pact in submitting a compelling, compliant, and responsive technical proposal in response to the solicitation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review USAID solicitation documents and any other background provided by Pact on both the OSSA opportunity, and previous PEPFAR-Funded initiative in Nigeria.
- Conduct scoping visit to Lagos state, Rivers State, Cross Rivers State and Akwa ibom State:
- Establish relationships with, and carry out interviews with key stakeholders, including local/regional government, civil society, and private sector.
- Conduct stakeholders mapping and share local priorities, challenges, and opportunities for the Pact consortium.
- Participate in, and contribute to, formal and informal in-country design meeting in Nigeria.
- Contribute to the development of a strong and evidence-based theory of change (TOC), overarching project strategy, and win themes. Ensures that objectives/outcomes/activities proposed:
- Conform to PEPFAR requirements, and local and national standards for
- Leverage Pact and its consortiums unique experience and expertise
- Are appropriate to the local political and cultural context in Nigeria.
- Upon Solicitation release, participate in kick-off meetings, design sessions and proposal reviews as required.
- Presentation of findings to proposal team at Pact’s Nigeria Office.
- Letters of Support from pre-determined list of organizations
- Contribution to Proposal Design Meetings, and subsequent Pink and Red Team Reviews
- Workplan for the scoping trip, collaboratively developed between the Consultant and Pact
- List of contact information for organizations/individuals that participated in stakeholder interviews
- A draft, and then final, report on trip findings, opportunities and challenges faced by key populations, and other relevant stakeholders in the region, and key recommendations for project design and approach.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 2nd July, 2018.