PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Frontend Developer
Job ID: 146190WD
Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS – Network Management
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Management Level: Associate
The Front – End Developer intern will work on AI – related projects in an Agile software development team, collaborating with data scientists, a scrum master, and product owners, gaining hands – on experience that enhances their learning and marketability.
The following is expected of the selected candidate:
- Drive the creation of prototypes leveraging artificial intelligence and assist with the design of related cognitive modules
- Produce, modify, and maintain web application user interfaces
- Work with Data Scientists in back – end design, collaborating on APIs, data structure, and data integration
- Maintain software workflow, versioning, and testing during development and address any bugs
- Document all code according to common development best practices and create technical documentation of project work to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- A portfolio of prior work demonstrating command of best practices and front – end design principles is required for consideration
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Responsive design and CSS frameworks like Bootstrap
- A code versioning tool such as GitHub
- Cloud computing and storage services
- Containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Agile teams or collaborating with UI / UX designers and data scientists is a plus.
Who we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is essential
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Design, HTML APIs
- Experience with Git (forking, branching, merging)
- Knowledge of frontend testing – Mocha, Chai, Jasmine, Jest, writing unit tests
- Experience working as a member of a software development team, e.g. participating in planning sessions and interpreting user stories, doing code reviews, pair programming
- Ability to think creatively to design / build applications that meet business process and application requirements
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2021.