Psych Pharmaceuticals and Laboratory Services is a mental health pharmaceutical company that provides direct patient care, including treatment assessment and medication management activities.
Monitoring for potential adverse drug reactions and interactions. Educating patients and families on psychiatric medications as well as psychiatric disorders and other related conditions. We also pride ourselves with patient satisfaction and optimum therapeutic efficacy of regimen. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Lab Scientist
Reports to: Manager, Laboratory Services
Employment type: Full Time
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Good knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge
- Develop a suitable standard operation procedure for the Phlebotomy unit
- Maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of equipment
- Perform quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, procedures, etc
- Review results for accuracy and reportthe results of tests performed to Doctor
- Able to meet Turnaround time and in conformance with applicable confidentiality requirements
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice.
- Experiencein phlebotomy
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD).
- Perform all tasks, duties, and tests related to laboratory services
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Medical Laboratory Science
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant post-NYSC working experience in similar role
- Must be registered with practicing license.
- Must be experienced in Haematology and Chemical Pathology
- Knowledge in the handling of laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge in use of Standard Operating Procedures in the field.
- BMLS /AMLSCN certificate is required
Skills and Qualities:
- Aptitude for biology and chemistry.
- Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
- A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
- A responsible and mature approach to work.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
- A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
- Ability to both function independently and collaborate with a team.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.