Seven Up Nigeria needs people who are engaged, equipped and empowered. 7up’s enlightened approach to employee development focus on giving people whatever they need to succeed: be it a virtual assistant or talent transformation sabbaticals; expert guidance or fast track growth; inner peace or democratic empowerment. today, Seven Up is currently recruiting for a Quality Control Manager.
Responsible for ensure quality of all products in the plant meets the set quality standards set by regulatory bodies and Pepsi Company International. Responsible for the implementation of good manufacturing practices (GM) and housekeeping in the plant and maintain a hygienic environment.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and implementation of quality assurance policies
- Ensure that the company adheres to standards set by PCI and regulatory policies on good manufacturing process
- Liaise with PCI and government officials in in the region relation to product quality, process, packaging and consumer contacts
- Responsible for the laboratory GMP
- Ensure production line GMP and housekeeping are implemented
- Reponsible for management of chemicals and lab equipment usages
- Ensures that all the required testing regime are implemented in the plant.
- Ensures syrup preparation are done as per PCI standards
- Responsible for plant preparation anf upkeep to comply with PCI audits and government inspections.
- Ensures products during bottling conforms with standards and implements quarantine as necessary.
- Compiles preliminary quality control report on production shifts
- Ensures availability appropriate quality control equipments and chemicals to carry out necessary tests
- Responsible for the date coding consumbales and coder efficiency.
- Conduct regular surveys to improve product quality and reduce wastages
- Provide management with timely and accurate report on quality performance at the plant and in the trade
- Prepare action plans to achieve sustainable product quality by the plant.
Key Performance Objectives & Indicators
Objective: Ensure that SBC products are of high quality and meet all relevant standards, no plants failing due to poor product quality, and no critical consumer complaints.
- 3D Quality ratings of sample products picked by PCI
- GMP/Industrial safety/ hygiene standards
- Level of consumer product complaints
- Number of sanctions by regulatory agencies
- Concentrate and sugar yields
- Raw materials PCI compliance
Work Guides & References
- Plant Operations manuals
- Production engineering manuals
- Beverage journals
- Seven Up/ Pepsi Bottling Operating Journals/ Magazines
Minimum Education: HND/B.Sc. Physical Science B.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Food Science and Technology
Minimum Experience: At least 5 years working experience in CSD industry with 3 years at supervisory or management level of a quality control/assurance function in a food and beverage company.
Special Skills & Abilities
- Laboratory Chemical and Physical Analysis,
- Problem Solving ability
- PC Skills
- Performance Management and Planning & Control
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified applicants should forward their application and cv/resume to :[email protected]