Posted on :
12 Sep, 2009
12 Sep, 2009
BAT Nigeria (British America Tobacco Company) is world’s most international tobacco company, we believe it is important to attract and retain the very best people who will contribute ideas and really make a difference.
BAT Nigeria is recruiting for a Retail Analyst.
The ideal candidate should possess 5 years minimum experience in Human Resources in a multinational organisation with knowledge of HRM practices & principles.
He/she will also have 2 – 3 years of specialised experience in R&B function in an FMCG environment is preferable.
Reward Analyst – Reporting to the Area Reward Manager.
* Analyse survey data as well as information collected from individual organisations, highlighting trends and issues for consideration.
* Prepare remuneration intelligence reports and draft recommendations for consideration by the BCC.
* Present recommendations on remuneration and benefits issues to the BCC for review and approval.
* Maintain balance sheet information for incoming and outgoing expatriates.
* Maintain on-assignment remuneration for assignees out according to annual increases, bi-annual COL updates and policy changes, as well as on-assignment terms and conditions for incoming expatriates in conformity with established practices.
* Ensure that IA packages and payroll instructions are properly implemented and executed in line with policy.
* Oversee the effective delivery of remuneration and reward across the company, especially salary increase management and incentive schemes.
* Manage the full Job Evaluation process through the use of the JE Manager technology and ensure internal equity and consistency across functions.
* Implement and sustain non monetary recognition arrangements which will create and embed a culture of spontaneous recognition.
* Implement and maintain a reward communication strategy that enhances transparency and keeps employees informed.
* Develop and enhance reward training modules for line and HR managers to increase their reward management competence.
* Respond to all queries around expatriate remuneration and benefits.
* Develop, maintain and implement a reward induction module for new hires.
* Establish and maintain effective and productive relationships, especially with external colleagues in the HR discipline and FMCG sector.
* Source appropriate and quality remuneration and benefits data.
* Lead and execute area and regional reward projects as assigned by the Area Reward Manager and Regional Reward Forum
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* 5 years minimum experience in Human Resources in a multinational organisation with knowledge of HRM practices & principles.
* 2 – 3 years of specialised experience in R&B function in an FMCG environment is preferable.
* Ability to design and manage pay & benefits systems
* Conceptual understanding of market survey techniques; ability to conduct and interpret compensation surveys;
* Ability to work with numerical & graphical data; understanding of statistics.
* Excellent working knowledge of JE Manager and HAY evaluation method and understanding of other alternative approaches to job evaluation.
* Good understanding of the BAT business and of tobacco industry in general;
* Good knowledge of the Nigeria Labour market, particularly FMCG sector;
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to work with extremely confidential & sensitive data.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong influencing skills; ability to influence employees & management at all levels including Top Team and Regional management.
* Good Resource management & Project Management skills.
Deadline is 21st September 2009.