Rossland Screening Solutions – Our client, Azikel Group, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Yenagoa, Bayelsa
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our Client seeks the services of aLogistics Officer (Clearing & Forwarding) to join our team.
- We need an individual who can multitask and is able to accomplish tasks well.
- An individual who can manage all import and export functions from pre-shipping, and shipping to delivery of the consignment.
- Ensure that shipments are properly planned for on time and prepare necessary client requests.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements to engage in the clearing and forwarding business are up to date and follow the regulatory guidelines.
- Make correspondences with the clients including the other liaison offices and advise clients on the correct tariffs applicable.
- Declare/Lodge custom entries/documents through the computerized systems including local transit, export, and transhipment entries.
- Prepare applications of IDFs for local shipments
- Organize for payment of taxes where necessary on behalf of clients
- Follow up on customs issues including exemption approvals and any related customs requirements and get up-to-date reports on any new rules and procedures.
- Offer logistical assistance where needed or as assigned by management
- Immediately notify the General Manager of any problems/issues arising in the documentation and make necessary reports.
- Prepare and update regular status reports
- Coordinate with transporters on the allocation of trucks to load out cargo at various clearance stations and ensure proper loading lists are forwarded to enable document processing.
- Monitor the movement of trucks/wagons
- Overseeing the entire clearing and forwarding process to ensure the company receives goods in a timely manner and communicate any obstacles in the clearing process, if
- Maintain a very close relationship with all import customs and local authorities to ensure that goods are cleared in the fastest manner with the lowest cost and to ensure that new import regulations are well anticipated.
- Ensure proper loading lists are forwarded to enable document processing. Monitor the movement of trucks/wagons
- Act as a relationship officer between the company and the client
- Border clearance and ensure taxes are paid.
- Degree in Business Administration / Logistics Management or any related discipline from a reputable university.
- MSc. or MBA is an added advantage
- At least 5 years relevant work experience.
- A Certificate in Clearing and Forwarding
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Computer literate).
- Effective communication skills – both oral and written
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to pay attention to details.
Skills and competencies:
- Proven experience in Clearing & Forwarding Operations with good knowledge of shipping and custom procedures
- Possess operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies
- Working knowledge of customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory codes.
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
30th January, 2023.