Posted on :
26 Jun, 2012
26 Jun, 2012
At RS Hunter, we are committed to workforce development within the business. This is because we recognise that for an organisation to become valuable, it is the people that create value and nurture its growth. We therefore nurture your workforce.
Build and sustain positive brand reputation & company image, managing stakeholders’ expectations (Staff, the Media, Regulators, Government, etc) and providing support for marketing & sales activities as well as generating sales lead. Manage relationship with the media, Business Partners and third party Agencies and making the brand a more visible brand through increased share of voice, share of space and ultimately stimulating increased share of pocket.
Public Relations Strategy implementation:
• Assist in developing and implementing a Strategy for PR which will form part of the overall Divisional Strategy required for growing the Brand.
• Develop Regional PR Strategy &Programmes for the company in line with the recent changes in the Regional Structure.
• Act as adviser to the Director, Corporate Communications on the role of communication and PR in building and managing the reputation of the company.
• Implement Strategies for managing the company’s brand awareness and perception through the media.
• Lead the communication sub-group in the cross-functional team during crisis management.
Media Relationship Strategy & General Relationship Management:
• Develop strategies for managing relationships with the media.
• Supervise the management of the organisation’s relationship with the Media.
• Assist in managing strategic alliances with 3rd party organizations to leverage company’s activities.
• Ensure high visibility for the brand by ensuring media coverage for the company’s activities.
• Act as the organisation’s second line spokesman in responding to media enquiries and ensuring the company’s views are clearly expressed in news reports concerning the company.
• Liaise synergistically with other departments in projecting the company’s strategies, plans and objectives, in line with its vision, mission and values.
Consumer Affairs Management:
• Develop and implement an effective Consumer Affairs leveraging roadmap, providing high visibility for company’s products, services and promotions.
• Assist in developing PR initiatives to support every sponsorship property.
• Ensure PR mileage for the brands as part of the overall communication and perception management strategy.
• Plan PR campaign and leverage sponsored assets to create positive perception for the company.
PR Campaign Management:
• Ensure that all PR transactions, Agreements, and activities are processed and approved in accordance with the company Delegation of Authority and policies and procedures before committing the company.
• Ensure that all expenditure on PR are within budget and documented.
• Ensure team work and mutual cooperation by sharing information via meetings
• Coordinate Regional PR activities.
• Coordinate weekly PR reports or feedback to Management.
• Liaise with the company’s PR consultants for corporate communications purposes.
• Provide environmental monitoring, intelligence, analysis and feedback services to the Head, Corporate Communications.
• Advise on public speaking opportunities and assist in the preparation of speeches and presentations for same.
Public Affairs, Advocacy & Regulatory Communications:
• Provide communications support for key Regulatory activities.
• Liaise with Regulatory, understand company’s position on regulatory matters and provide media support for regulatory agenda including adoption of Mobile Number Portability, SIM Card Registration, etc.
• Assist in providing communications support for litigation and other legal issues.
• Provide media support for HR Employee Perception Management.
Digital Communications Management& New Media:
• Manage the analysis of social conversations and digital programs to determine if the organisation is reaching and engaging audiences in these fast-growing communities.
• Manage online communities and ensure publicity for company’s activities across digital platforms.
• Manage personal engagement with customers using relevant social media platforms.
• Ensure social conversations are positive and favourable to the brand.
• Identify and build relationship with opinion leaders, influential bloggers, etc.
• Manage crisis and clarify issues relating to the brand name, products, services, etc.
• Manage the collation of weekly media coverage reports.
• Manage environmental monitoring through print and electronic media scan.
• Manage and evaluate the effectiveness of communication Plan & Execution and reporting of results.
• Manage the review and evaluation of PR campaigns.
• Manage all company publications and corporate communications.
• Edit and produce relevant company magazines to keep staff & other stakeholders informed
Educational Qualifications &Functional / Technical Skills:
• A good degree in Mass Communication or social sciences, or any related field of study such as business or arts
• Membership of the Public Relations Institute (NIPR) is obligatory.
• Masters in Business Administration/Corporate Communications and
• Reputation Management or relevant discipline would be preferred
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years):
• A minimum of 7 years post-graduation experience, three of which must be in Public Relations in FMCG/Telecommunications Company
• Experience in journalism and Public Affairs highly desirable
• A very broad understanding of the Telecommunications/ cellular industry
• Proven track record of completing major PR Campaign planning process
• Wide-ranging contacts in the media and the public are crucial.
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.):
• Excellent leadership and communications skills
• Excellent flair for writing and public speaking
• Excellent media network and very deep knowledge of the media
• High ethical, moral and professional integrity
• Fluency in English at business level
• Personal business effectiveness
• Ability to travel locally and internationally at short notice
• Adaptable, accountable and passionate
• Ability to work under Pressure and for long hours
• Imaginative, creative and innovative
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Passion for customers
Qualified candidates should send CVs to [email protected] indicating the position applied for.