RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Institutional/Policy Reform Specialist
- The Institutional/Policy Reform Specialist will provide leadership for technical assistance on policy, institutional, legal, and regulatory matters for urban WASH services.
- The Technical assistance is aimed at having more effective state level urban water service providers that operating in a clear accountability environment with clear roles and responsibilities for providing the services and being rewarded for this.
- The IPRS should support efforts to conduct research activities for building political support at the highest state government level for reform.
- The IPRS must provide guidance on not only the content of appropriate state water and sanitation policies, but also institutional, legal and regulatory reforms.
- The IPRS will be an advocate of the policies, legislative frameworks and institutional and regulatory frameworks that promote appropriate tariffs that should lead to financial viability for sustained improved water services, believe in a sector that can be self-sustaining in Nigeria and SWB being able not only to attract but also retain highly qualified and experienced personnel into its employment.
- At least a Master’s degree in either Policy, Institutional Development, Legal, Water Governance, International Development and such related fields.
- At least 12 years demonstrable working experience in policy and institutional development in Nigeria. Experience in legal matters of the state-owned enterprises is another experience that we are seeking.
- Experience with governance of the urban WASH sector is a great and added advantage which will be strongly considered.
- Demonstrated capacity to build relationships and consensus across state- and federal-level stakeholders to institute policy reform.
- Additional experience in organizational review of effective governance frameworks for public sectors (water and power), including policy formulation and advocacy, legislative drafting, regulatory and tariff framework design, and legal analysis.
- The IPRS will report directly to the Chief of Party of the E-WASH and will be the chief advisor also to the state level IPRS (yet to be recruited).
- The IPRS will be based at the coordination office of E-WASH in Abuja.
Job Title: MEL Specialist – Operational Research, Knowledge Management, Adaptive Management, Evaluation, Data Quality Assessment, Data Management and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Development of MEL Roster
- RTI International is therefore seeking to recruit respective MEL Specialists on short-term assignments for the USAID E-WASH MEL roster. Roster members are expected to deploy within reasonable short notice for a stipulated engagement period usually not exceeding three weeks at a time. For different tasks,
- MEL Specialists will be selected from the MEL roster as and when a roster request is received for field-based activities. Selected MEL specialists will support the E-WASH as well as state-based MEL teams in capturing and analyzing data to help strengthen MEL overall strategy and inform strategic reviews of E-WASH implementation approach.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in International Development, Environmental Management, Urban Sanitation, Demography, Sociology, Gender Studies, Knowledge Management or related degree;
- Sound knowledge of the USAID ADS policy especially guidance and requirements on Data Quality Assurance (DQAs) and Collaboration Learning and Adaptation (CLA); Familiarity with conducting qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis in SPSS, Stata, CSPro, Nvivo or Excel for data quality assessments;
- Relevant working knowledge of open source GIS data tools, ArcGIS and QGIS to inform the development of web maps and multiple data visualization options; including the deployment of field based mobile data collection devices (i.e. FS Mobile, CAPI, Kobo toolbox, Magpi etc);
- Provide technical assistance in the management of E-WASH water utility records, operational research, evaluation assessment data to inform the development of Knowledge Management (KM) Products;
- Expertise in the design, management and implementation of development interventions including experimental and quasi-experimental methods; data collection and analysis, performance reporting and data quality assessments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; and ability to work well on a team;
- Ability to actively engage and interact with host government officials, civil society partners and other stakeholders;
- Familiarity with USAID WASH programs and evaluation policies/guidance included in the ADS Chapter 200;
- Hands-on experience leading trainings and managing field-based data collection team of enumerators is required, direct experience on conducting operational research studies and engagement on WASH related intervention is preferred.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s with current contact information to: [email protected] Submissions should include the position title in the subject heading.
Application Deadline 7th September, 2018.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.