Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Graduate Analyst Programme 2015
- In support of the Sahara Group’s Strategy on sustainability, an important element of our HR strategy is to develop leadership and management capacity throughout the organization.
- The goal of this “Graduate Analyst ” programme is to attract, develop and train professional finance & accounting talent to give Sahara an edge by accurate monitoring, reporting and partnering business units to strengthen strategic analysis. We have an opportunity for you whatever your numeracy and analytical background.
- A “Graduate Analyst” would work on a number of different duties spanning costing, accounting, business analysis, budgeting and tax within the operating companies of the Group. The programme will be focused on standard internal accounting procedures and your ability to analyze financial documents & data efficiently. This will be supported by a number of rudimentary soft skills training exercises and tasks targeted towards building well-rounded individuals.
- They will receive ‘on the job’ training and their review process will include the setting of performance objectives against which their progress will be monitored.
- After successfully completion of the programme, successful candidates would perform in any of the following capacities; Financial/ Accounting Analyst, Business Analyst & Risk Analyst with a focus on Energy, and Infrastructure.
- Throughout this programme, they will be supervised by a Talent Manager from our Talent Management department.
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- University degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance and any other degree i.e Graduates with a bias for Financial/Business Analysis. (Minimum Second Class Upper).
- ACA or ACCA Certification.
- 0-2 years post-NYSC Experience.
- Maximum age of 26 years as of December 2015.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices for Business Analysis.
- Experience with accounting packages ( Oracle, SAP, Peachtree).
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment.
- Candidate must possess Numeracy & Quantitative Skills
- Candidate must be highly analytical
- Candidate must be a strong communicator with ability to connect with people at all levels.
- Candidate must be hardworking and one who thinks “out of the box”
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with proactive approach to work.
- Candidate must be ambitious with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Candidate must be assertive.
- Board of Directors
- Managing Directors
- Group HR
- Line Manager
- All staff
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: SaharaGAP2015@sahara-group.com
Note: Resume should be concise with only one page. Please note that multiple entries would not be treated.