Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saroafrica is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saroafrica is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal and Governance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Commercial Legal Service:
- Work with Head Legal to manage all Company’s real estate/landed properties – ensure payment of relevant charges, perfection and registration of title for company properties.
- Research on commercial legal advice and solution for different aspects of the business
- Review documents and agreements for all SBUs
- Serves as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Keep company’s legal records of commercial agreements, permits, licenses and legal transactions with third parties and notify the Head Legal for prompt renewal of expired contracts.
- Maintain company’s intellectual property rights and trademarks – ensure prompt notification of renewals
Corporate Legal Services:
- Review and provide strategic legal advice on documents and issues for all SBU’s
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain all company’s corporate books and registers – perform periodic due diligence on operating and non-operating companies, ensure compliance with all returns due to CAC.
- Liaise with Company secretary to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and maintaining a functional Company Secretariat Keep abreast and review of all relevant statutory laws, regulations, regulatory developments and industry initiatives applicable to Saro Group & SBUs, advise management accordingly and ensure compliance.
- Manage litigation and liaise with external lawyers, review progress of anticipated and outstanding litigation.
- Review ongoing staff cases and advice management accordingly.
- Provide advice on a case by case basis on how to manage the cases and claims by third parties.
- Negotiate with third parties to prevent un-warranted claims.
- Ensure strict implentation of Corporate Governance Framework and DOA in line with CAMA 2020
- Monitor compliance with Internal Governance Framework with weekly reporting.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must have obtained at least a Second-Class Upper Degree in Law at both University and the Nigerian Law School.
- 2 – 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Goods knowledge and use of Microsoft Office packages & ERP systems (Knowledge of Navision& SharePoint will be an added advantage).
- Age Requirement: 25 – 30 years old.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
3rd March, 2023.