Posted on :
11 Apr, 2010
11 Apr, 2010
JOB POSITION: SPA MANAGER, JOB NUMBER:60102068
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge?
Ever thought about going to vibrant Africa?
Do you enjoy working in a young & dynamic team?
We have tasty news for you:
We are opening the Four Points by Sheraton Lagos and are looking for a Spa Manager.
This genuine opportunity is for people on the move & strong number two’s wanting to grow.
It’s simple. Send us your CV.
Here’s the job description:
1. To achieve agreed commercial targets of the Spa through the planned co-ordinated development of the facility and the implementation of the treatment and activity programme.
2. To prepare monthly financial and statistical reports for the Hotel General Manager
3. To establish and ensure a cost effective wage structure based on productivity and efficiency.
4. To liaise with the Hotel Sales and Marketing Manager in the preparation and development of marketing plans for the year and co-ordination of all promotional plans and projects for the facility.
5. To be responsible for motivating and driving sales and establish targets, which are realistic and achievable.
6. To liaise with the Hotel Management Accountant on forecasts, stock levels, requisitions, budget, targets etc. and ensure a par stock level appropriate to business demands.
7. To ensure that the Health and Safety Policy and Procedures are implemented and monitored in particular with relation to cleanliness and hygiene.
8. To maintain and update equipment, product, service and standards as required.
9. To deal with problems, enquiries and complaints from Spa clientele.
10. To interact professionally with guests, members, and members of staff.
SALES AND MARKETING
11. In conjunction with the Hotel General Manager, develop concept-planning, menu of services, retailing, merchandising, marketing and product development of the Spa.
12. To effectively integrate the Spa within the Hotel Marketing Strategy and to ensure ongoing representation of the Spa, both internally and externally,
13. To ensure that the members are kept informed of all the activities and development at the Spa, both in the form of internal and external advertising and the publication of a regular newsletter.
14. To personally network at all levels with individuals from both inside and outside the company structure for the further development of the Spa.
15. To constantly be aware of innovations within the industry and consider their worth at the Spa.
16. To motivate, encourage and drive the team, and to maintain the correct level of professional and qualified personnel, overseeing all facilities and activities within the Spa.
17. To be responsible for instigating progressive, professional and well organised training and assessment of staff and to conduct performance appraisals as required. Oversee weekly schedules, attendance sheets, sick leave and holiday arrangements.
18. To perform any other duties deemed reasonable by management.
¨ Significant achievement and management experience in Spa operations within a similar quality operation
¨ Operational management experience of a team in Spa
¨ Spreadsheet Experience, preferably Excel
¨ Word-processing skills, preferably Microsoft Word
¨ POS experience – Micros preferred
KEY MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
¨ Must demonstrate assertiveness to instruct, firmly represent organisational standards and goals, or discipline as necessary
¨ Must demonstrate an ability to adapt to environmental as well as internal organisation turbulence through understanding the impact of change and the positive management of change
¨ Must demonstrate an ability to creatively and continuously improve methods of Customer Service and internal Operations
¨ Must demonstrate an ability to develop a strong working relationship with others by being fair, open, reliable and consistent
¨ Must demonstrate an ability to work with employees to develop strategies for enhancing performance and to recognise contributions in a timely manner
¨ Must demonstrate an ability to set priorities, develop managerial work strategies ( using delegation, holding meetings, setting work plans etc.) schedule work, co-ordinate resources and establish feedback
¨ Must demonstrate an ability to relate and compare data from different sources ( an ability to identify and analyse problems to explore issues, secure relevant information, correctly identify relationships and make the best decision)
¨ Must demonstrate decisiveness and a willingness to commit to action once alternative solutions have been weighted
¨ Must demonstrate an ability to maintain a high activity level towards goals
¨ Must demonstrate an ability to originate ideas (self-starting) and to take action beyond what is called for
¨ Must demonstrate a clear enjoyment in working in the Hospitality Industry and demonstrates a willingness to anticipate and recover in response to guest needs
¨ Must demonstrate high standards of personal and professional conduct
Primary Location: Nigeria-Lagos-Ikeja/Lagos-Four Points By Sheraton Lagos – Opening July 2010