Sochi Foods Limited is an FMCG company that specializes in producing premium-quality garri brands as well as immensely useful industrial and culinary byproducts from the cassava plant. Established in Ahiazu-Mbaise, inthe heart of Eastern Nigeria, our company is founded with the mission to provide consumers with world-classproducts that meet their requirements. We are dedicated to creating a workplace where all persons feel welcome, respected, and valued. We have diversity as a key policy in the Company and promote equal opportunity for all.This is a Team place, where everyone works together for common goals and achievements. We welcome and encourage the best skilled persons to join us today. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are intending to hire a reliable and well-experienced Farm Manager to join our capable team of professionals.
- You will be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural sciences to help us improve yields.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and restoration.
- Determine how to raise crops by evaluating factors such as disease, soil conditions, and the availability of federal programs
- Coordinate growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, and other related departments.
- Analyze market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Record information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
- Determine procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and transportation for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning and ensures proper maintenance.
- Inspect fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plan and direct development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Adapt their duties to the seasons, weather conditions, or a crop’s growing cycle
- Purchase machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tools, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Comply to farms standards and policies for e.g. health, safety, product quality, property and asset management and environment.
- Evaluate financial statements and makes budget proposals.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in Agriculture or related field such as Agricultural Engineering, Crop Management, Farm Business Management, Horticulture, Land / Estate Management.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Farming-related field
- A knowledge of food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards and sustainability
- Genuine commitment to farming
- Good technical knowledge
- A good understanding of modern farming methods
- An understanding of the ways in which farming impacts the environment.
- Organisational and time-management skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Supervisory skills and management ability
- Numerical aptitude
- Willingness to be outside in all weathers and patience to undertake all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs
- Self-motivation, with the ability to motivate others
- Larger-scale business awareness
- Negotiation skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the Subject of the email.
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2023.