Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous nonprofit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social and economic reforms through high-quality program design and implementation, capacity building, implementation science research and knowledge generation, as well as agenda-setting and stakeholder convening across human development sectors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Job Type: Long term (12 months with possibility of extension)
Description and Objectives
- The Senior Finance Officer provides technical financial management and supervision to colleagues, clients, and stakeholders of SCIDaR
- S/he will work directly with the Head of Finance to provide guidance on funding information, budgetary control and management, regulatory compliance, monitoring of expenditures, financial reporting, project accounting and cash management, cost analysis, and compliance for all projects across SCIDaR to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources in line with SCIDaR financial management policies and procedures.
Financial Management and Reporting:
- Responsible for implementing SCIDaR’s finance strategy across all projects;
- Preparation and reporting of monthly intercompany and project reconciliations and coordination of month-end reporting cycles for the firm in line with SCIDaR and donor requirements;
- Work closely with Program Managers to plan, budget, and monitor costs across all projects;
- Transforms and oversees the continual improvement of financial management operational systems, processes and policies, and quality assurance processes;
- Manage and monitor financial metrics, KPI tracking, and reports for intercompany and all SCIDaR projects.
- Work with the Head of Finance to provide, analyze and interpret financial information to EMT while recommending further courses of action to drive business performance and aid decision-making;
- Perform the analytical procedure on key financial statement captions;
Audit and Compliance:
- Review financial transactions and reports within SCIDaR and across projects to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and relevant laws;
- Work closely with the internal audit team to continuously develop and seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the firm;
- Develop and employ financial oversight and control mechanisms and procedures to ensure that all program expenses are in line with SCIDaR’s financial policies, procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Acts as a focal point for the management of process/report reviews by internal and external auditors to ensure seamless review process and implementation of recommendations;
- Oversee and supervise operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met;
- Review and approval of staff financial requests on the organization’s ERP to confirm compliance with relevant donor agreements and organizational policies;
- Review of the entity’s statutory remittances deductions and remittances to ensure adherence to enabling regulations;
- Preparation of monthly invoices and billing for all projects across SCIDaR.
Education and Experience:
- Academic training: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Financial Accounting, Economics or a related Social Sciences;
- Professional credentialing: Additional professional accounting qualification / certification such as ACCA or ICAN;
- Experience: 4-6 years progressive experience in a similar role
- Consulting experience: in strategy and financial management in top consulting firms is a major plus.
- Compelling evidence of interest in and commitment to the mission of SCIDaR;
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues with strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- A proven track record of working independently to manage the accounts recording and financial reporting requirements of an organization and donor-funded projects;
- Results-oriented performer, experienced in developing and tracking self and team with clear KPIs; Possess strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.
- Advanced computer usage skills with proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; including internet navigation and various Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience with accounting packages and systems such as QuickBooks, SAGE, etc.;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural understanding;
- Fast learner, open to learning from peers, subordinates, and supervisors collaboratively and at a rapid pace;
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2023.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- SCIDaR is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws