Posted on :
19 Sep, 2009
19 Sep, 2009
Principal Subcontracts Administrator plays a vital role in the Contracts & Procurement Department on the MIPs project. The MIPs project is a program of projects for ExxonMobil’s Nigerian entity Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), consisting of new offshore platforms, revamp of existing platforms, replacing numerous subsea pipelines, and substantial onshore works, including pipeline shore crossings. DeltaAfrik is WorleyParsons local JV partner in Nigeria and this role is based in the project office in Lagos, Nigeria.
This position will require a person who has experience in dealing with the challenges of working in a culturally diverse team and environment.
– Although WorleyParsons has set standards and procedures, this position requires someone who is innovative and is able to think creatively. Due to the fast-paced nature of the project, it requires someone who will ‘hit the ground running’.
Subcontracting experience, particularly with activities typical to the oil and gas/engineering industry, is required.
Computer literacy is required and a willingness to travel to the subcontractor’s facility as necessary.
This position requires expertise in all phases of subcontract administration from drafting and development of the Request for Proposal through subcontract closeout including negotiating and administering highly technical and complex subcontracts.
This person will:
– Be responsible for planning, directing and controlling the effective procurement of major and critical components to ensure timely delivery at cost and quality consistent with stated objectives. These activities include but are not limited to preparation of tenders, selection of vendors, proposal request and negotiation, analysis of proposals, authorization and commitment, follow-up of orders and resolution of situations / requirements that could have serious effect on the company’s ability to meet project schedules.
– Manage subcontracts within the Procurement group to ensure that subcontractors meet Company and project requirements.
– Exercise high degree of initiative and judgment.
– Work based on quality requirements, schedules, proposal developments, statements of work, cost and pricing data and contractual flow-down.
– Issue, administer and close out subcontracts with minimal supervision.
– Keep appropriate level of management informed of issues and coordinating/initiating required actions.
– Comply with company safety policies and maintain a safe work environment.
– Maintain accurate tracking records.
– Maintain and update subcontractors’ files to include records of payment.
– Perform subcontract closeout actions, complete file documentation, and forward subcontract files to storage.
– Supervise lower level Administrators, assign and review their work, offer training in various subcontracting processes, give input toward performance evaluations, and make salary increase recommendations.
– Serve as the formal liaison with customers, Program Manager, technical leaders, and various internal functional groups.
– Complete other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.