Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient-centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and internationally trained professionals.When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.Founded in Abuja in 2009, we are a rapidly expanding private service with 2 centres in Abuja and one in Lagos and Anambra.We seek to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below.
Job Title: Art Therapist
Location: Awka, Anambra
Reports to: Head of Art Therapist
- Assess patients’ needs or disorders, using drawing, painting, sculpting, or other artistic processes.
- Communicate patients’ assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms.
- Conduct art therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help patients’ recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments.
- Confer with other professionals on patients’ treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet patients’ goals or objectives.
- Interpret the artistic creations of patients’ to assess their functioning, needs, or progress.
- Observe and document patients’ reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to art therapy.
- Talk with patients during art or other therapy sessions to build rapport, acknowledge their progress, or reflect upon their reactions to the artistic process.
- Recommend and / or purchase needed art supplies or equipment.
- Minimum of B.Sc degree in Creative / Fine art
- Excellent artistic abilities, creativity, imagination and enthusiasm
- Maturity, patience, calm and respectful manner
- Ability to provide a trusting, open, kindhearted atmosphere that encourages learning and participation
- Business skills
- A strong empathy with and commitment to helping people from all walks of life
- Ability to deal with difficult, perhaps painful and embarrassing situations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of psychotherapy and the role art can play in treatment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 29th January, 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply. Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core.