Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
TOTAL, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemicals. The Upstream segment engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas. It also involves in the marketing, trade, and transportation of natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG), as well as in LNG re-gasification and natural gas storage operations. TEPNG / Total Nigeria recruits Environmental Officer
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
– Implement environmental management system
– Enforce, supervise and control the implementation of company environmental policy through inspections and environmental awareness campaign
– Perform regular environmental inspections/audits, raise anomalies, issue report and monitor improvement actions follow up
– Organize with support from HSE Corporate all ISO 14001 external certification audits
– Perform environmental risk assessment (with Safety counterpart) of any job having risk to the environment.
– Update/establish procedures and standing instructions related to environment aspects.
– Improve environmental awareness among JVA Offshore sites personnel through communication campaign and training program on site.
– Maintain, develop and/or establish environmental documentation (environmental dossier, waste management plan, monitoring plan, aspect & impact registers, environmental records)
– Maintain the readiness of oil spill preparedness equipment and team with the support of line management.
– Prepare, participate and or animate any relevant meeting.
– Act as internal auditors for EMS audits
– Manage contractual agreements between company and third party
The ideal applicant should have a BSc in environmental sciences / applied sciences / geoscientist with a minimum of second class lower division.
The ideal applicant should possess the following skills:
– Good communication, analytical, and presentation skills will be added advantage.
– Good persuasive skills
– Good organizational ability and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work with little supervision.
Apply directly to Total by clicking here