The Concept Group is a holding company for companies established in 1992. Subsidiaries under the Group include: Rosabon Financial Services – Nigeria’s Leading Financial Intermediary and Equipment Leasing Company, Concept Nova – Bespoke Enterprise IT Solutions Company, Percy Aitkins – Bureau De Change. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Research and Development Manager is responsible for providing solutions to client’s problems and ensuring satisfaction with the use of IoT devices, microcontrollers, embedded systems, software platforms etc. to build commercially beneficial relationships for both the company and the client(s).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise research on new technology-based products and solutions to meet the company’s strategy for new products and solutions
- Product lifecycle management: Lead the utilization of VOC (Voice of Customer) in the development and deployment of remote monitoring solutions
- Oversee bench and field tests during the product development cycle, pre-deployment simulation tests, and on-site deployment of remote monitoring hardware and software
- Vendor management: Facilitate, maintain and negotiate profitable vendor relationships following due diligence and risk assessment analysis
- Technical project management and process improvement for the on-site deployment of new and existing solutions
- Guide pricing simulations and analysis with market knowledge on hardware and software input costs
- Develop proposed design documents for products and services to guide installation and/or implementation
- Validate and approve all completion reports, test reports, field inspection reports, reports/documentation of problems solved, etc. for management review
- Oversee adequate analysis on vendor selection based on quality and cost optimization.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc. in Electrical Electronics Engineering, IT, Computer engineering, or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 4 year and above experience in related competence.
- Relevant knowledge of embedded systems and electronic circuits
- IoT and Control systems enthusiast
- Quality Business Intelligence and data analysis experience with relevant tools (data-driven decision making).
Skills / Competencies:
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Experience with RTUs, microcontrollers or PLC systems
- Solid troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose and solve difficult problems
- Knowledge of Python, API and other relevant programming languages
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the business and end-user needs
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.