Michael Stevens Consulting – We are a long established and well respected multi-disciplinary management and financial consulting firm with offices in several locations across Nigeria.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Procurement
- We are looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to manage the company’s supply of products and services.
- The Procurement Manager’s duty is to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the company can invest in growth and people.
- Procurement Manager responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers.
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager or procurement officer
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- B.Sc degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration/Finance/Accounts/Economics
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] with job title as subect
Application Deadline: 14th June, 2017.