Posted on :
25 May, 2010
TOTAL, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemicals. The Upstream segment engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas. It also involves in the marketing, trade, and transportation of natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG), as well as in LNG re-gasification and natural gas storage operations. Total recrits HSE Engineer to be based in Portharcourt Nigeria
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
• Assist in the follow-up of site personnel (Company and Contractor) HSE training and preparedness, ensuring adequate attention is drawn to any lack of compliance.
• Conduct regular check on the state of all HSE equipment and material to ensure sound functioning and readiness for deployment in case of emergency. Taking part in HSE studies and risk assessment (JSA) for the execution of operations
• Assist the HSE Superintendent in the follow-up of HSE MS and procedures and regular updating of HSE records for reporting purposes. Checking enforcement, efficiency and maintenance of HSE MS
• Participates actively in all HSE Committee meeting, site planning and coordination meeting as well as contributing to defining ways and means to identify / minimize risks and the impact of activities especially SIMOPS.
• Ensure that stocks of necessary HSE consumables e.g. hand-gloves, ear muffs/plugs, disposable coverall, spare fire extinguishers are maintained at appropriate levels.
• Supervise the reporting of incident/accident, anomalies and follow-up the close out of actions from investigation recommendations.
• Contribute to the completion of PTW and the documents needed prior to operations and see that prescriptions are applied. Ensuring HSE performance monitoring.
The ideal applicant should have HND in any Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of Lower Credit
The ideal applicant should possess the following skills:
• Must be computer literate ( words, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc)
• Good communication and organization skills are essential.
• Must be persuasive with ability to influence other operations.