Unicane Industries Limited was established and incorporated as a private limited companyin the year 2013 under the company Acts of 1990. Unicane Industries Limited is a member of a long-standing group in Nigeria founded in 1953.The group is a leading ethanol producer in Africa and an industrial group of long experience and very good standing. The group is continuously expanding its activities which now count a wide range of agro-allied activities that include cassava to ethanol processing and refining. At present, itsfactory is located in Jamata, Kogi State. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an HR & Administration Executive to join our team and support the day-to-day activities of our Human Resources department.
- HR & Administration Executive responsibilities include processing employee data, updating company policies and assisting in the hiring process. To be successful in this role, you should have solid organizational skills and be familiar with HR functions.
- The HR & Administration Executive will assist with oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training, and development; as well as oversee administrative functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop and oversee a recruitment process.
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Continuously work on developing the most effective and economical recruitment methods and ensure that they align with current and future needs for the company’s human capital
- Oversee all labour engagement for the Organization and manage the new hire orientation and exit process.
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like total number of hires by department.
- Support the various functions during the onboarding of new joiners to ensure the orientation process is properly completed
- Organize and facilitate the monthly – quarterly – half yearly -yearly staffing reviews
Compliance and Record-Keeping:
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labour laws.
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing
- Develop, implement, and manage staff performance and professional development plan that aligns with the company’s mission, vision, and objectives and drives high performance.
- Track Probation reviews with timelines and ensure outcomes are communicated formally through letters.
- Communicate the process of annual / midyear appraisals, receive, verify the forms and share the consolidated outcome in specified formats.
- Ensure that contract renewals are done in a timely manner.
Payroll and Budget:
- Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Advise the management on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation.
- Complete periodic reconciliation of benefits and payroll records and rectify issues in a timely manner.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
- Manage all statutory remittance
- Manage HMO related issues
Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
- File ITF returns
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues &work to ensure human resources-related decisions are consistent and fair.
- Nurture a positive working environment and define employee relations practices necessary to promote a high level of employee morale, engagement, and motivation.
- Foster cross-functional relationships and ensure managers and employees are properly connected
- Monitor employee progress and stay abreast on company climate and culture, ensuring it stays positive and productive
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Management.
- A professional HR qualification certificate is mandatory
- Master’s Degree in human resources or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the field of human resources
- Honest, ethical, and dependable
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Suite (especially Excel)
- A proven leader with strong interpersonal skills, keen to motivate and effectively educate and connect department managers and employees regarding all HR matters.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of the company.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and a can-do attitude.
Compensation and Benefits
- Monitor compensation – ensuring internal equity & compliance and benefits.
- Facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2023.