Unilever Nigeria – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday! We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Security Manager, West Africa
Job Location: Oregun, Lagos
Job Number: 190006A5
Function: General Management – Security
Reports to: Africa Security Director
SC Sponsor: SC Lead
Job Field: Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular
Job Schedule: Full-time
Shift: Day Job
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
- Constantly drive a loss prevention culture within the security structure
- Interact with business as well as external partners to ensure synergy of security and loss prevention efforts
- Support and play a leading role in terms of capacitating the business for Incident Management/Crisis Response
- Co-ordination, management, supervision and advice to senior management on effective security management systems and solutions, within the business scope.
- Ensure that threats to personnel, assets, and business operations/activities within the region are properly identified, evaluated and mitigated in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Secure Unilever West Africa personnel, properties and assets from internal and external security breaches as well as co-ordinate the activities of 3rd Party contractors and internal Unilever security managers and supervisors.
- Ensure a hands-on ownership of security solutions with a primary focus on Unilever Nigeria
- Manage an effective Regional Security Coordination Centre/Control Room that is geared for both monitoring as well as Incident response
- Support Africa Security Director’s office in driving Cluster Security Initiatives
- Drive standardisation across sites in West Africa
- Manage country as well as site security officers across both West Africa MCO’s
- Support complex loss investigations
Main Accountabillities Accountabilities
- Ensure safety and security of employees whilst on Company premises and in transit
- Liaise with and develop relationships with various Law Enforcement & Emergency Services in the event of a security incident/emergency (i.e. fire, medical, mechanical breakdown) and to ensure timely reaction to incidents
- Ensure availability of highly trained security personnel to implement contingency plans effectively
- Ensuring security reports are submitted on time.
- Manage and transact on all mandatory reporting systems
- Participate and guide Security Risk/Loss Preventon Committees on their functions and focus areas
- Manage constant synergy between business controls and security controls so that internal loss threats are effectively mitigated.
- Effectively audit, maintain and guide 3 P security service provision companies in terms of fit for purpose performance and adherence/compliance with agreed SLA’s
- Manage performance of internal Unilever Security Managers/Officers working in the region
- Manage the key focus areas as per Group Security Directives inclusive of protection and securing of personnel, assets and processes
- Advise management on any specific threats to company personnel + family, assets & information and business operations/activities as they become known.
- Ensuring implementation of security policy and procedures and revising them where necessary.
- In conjunction with the respective business Leadership Teams, develop and implement security awareness programs or processes and to protect life, corporate assets and to ensure business continuity
- Devising and co-ordinating appropriate security training for security personnel & other nominated personnel
- Managing effective investigations on detected and reported breaches of security and security incidents.
- Provide briefings for the international staff/visitors on in country security issues on arrival and on the security situation in the country.
- Initiate and co-ordinate an immediate response to security incidents where there is a threat to Company employees and assets so as to ensure minimised loss or injury. If necessary, to respond personally to these threats
- As to be determined but strong dotted management line to Country Security Officers in Region of responsibility.
- All units and departments, Legal Officer, Police & other Security Agencies, relevant Government Departments
- Minimum qualification of any of BSc degree.
- Professional qualifications security is a welcome advantage.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Should “meet expectations” on the Standards of Leadership behaviours or competencies relevant to the WL of this job
- Planning & execution – Bias for Action.
- Training and Team Working – Building Talent & Teams.
- High Personal Integrity – Accountability & Responsibility.
- Budgeting & Control – Accountability and Responsibility.
- Drive & networking at Management level.
- Responsible Care – Leading Edge
- Crime prevention and Investigation – Leading Edge
- Management Support – Leading Edge
- Extended Supply Chain Interaction – Basic Appreciation
- Establishing Support Systems – Working Knowledge
- Management Of Customer Interface – Working Knowledge
- Negotiation – Working Knowledge
- Asset Investment and Care – Fully Operational
- Security Management – Leading Edge
- Asset/personnel protection – Leading Edge
Other Functional Skills:
- Finance – Working Knowledge
- Communication – Fully Operational
- Business Function, Supply Chain – Fully Operational
- Business Strategy and formulation – Working Knowledge
- Business Planning and Implementation – Working Knowledge
- Project Management – Working Knowledge
- Change Management – Working Knowledge
- Business Process Design and Management – Basic Appreciation
- Information Management – Working Knowledge
- Application and Exploitation of IT – Working Knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 16th June, 2019.