Young Trotters provides an educational and fun package where kids between ages 5 -12 learn about a new country each month. The product is centered on Tame and Zane as they travel around the world visiting different places and experiencing different cultures. We inspire a love and understanding of the world as children learn about geography, history, culture, and language in a fun and memorable way.
We understand the importance of today’s generation of children to be internationally minded in an increasingly interconnected world thereby improving their chance for success in the world, and becoming global leaders. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager – Sales & Projects
- Secure customers for the business (schools, churches, NGOs, corporates, individuals, etc.)
- Develop and manage schedule for the product production and sales, and monitor to ensure deadlines are met
- Acting as a first point of contact – dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- Liaising with suppliers and clients
- Creating marketing campaigns
- Creating and developing new innovative ways to communicate the company message to customers.
- Managing customer and supplier databases and filing systems
- Organizing events as required
- Conduct extensive research for the businesses projects
- Undertake market research and establish the best way to reach target groups
- Coordinate and source for vendors for various aspects of the projects with competitive pricing
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Managing diaries and organizing meetings and appointments
- Prepare documentation for submission to seek financing (grants, loans, etc.)
- Any other activities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing or any relevant first degree.
- At least 5 year of experience in sales and marketing.
- Must be proficient in computer operation
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Must have good conflict resolution skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills as well as good presentation skills.
- Must have excellent analytical and research skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- A knowledge of standard software packages – Microsoft office suite including (but not limited to) word, power point, excel and Microsoft project
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet set deadlines
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet project deadlines.
- Must be willing to move around (sourcing materials, marketing to customers) as the job requires
- Must be willing to travel to conferences, seminars and client locations if necessary.
- A third of total sales generated per month
- Pre-agreed allowance of transportation and communication contingent on work plan
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 11th April, 2020.