ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Director
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting Date: 1st of August 2018
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
Duration of Position: 3 years (with opportunity for extension)
- ZOA Nigeria is providing relief to people affected by the conflict in North East Nigeria since early 2017. Currently ZOA implements Food Security (Cash) and WASH projects in and around Maiduguri, Borno State.
- The Country Director will manage a team of about 35 staff. ZOA is looking for a Country Director with significant experience in relief, which can develop the strategy for ZOA Nigeria further.
- The strategy will revolve around continued live saving relief work (in difficult to reach areas), combined with a strategy to support affected people from (Cash) dependency towards more sustainable livelihoods.
- In addition, the Country Director will have to focus on building up team further towards a strong, professional and effective team. On the job training and capacity building of key staff in areas of time/staff management, humanitarian/relief principles etc. will be necessary.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Experience with Institutional donors like ECHO, OFDA and DFID
- Experience relief worker that is knowledgeable of sector standards i.e. CHS, SPHERE, Grand Bargain and understand the UN cluster system
- Strong leader that can bring out the best in his/her staff members and build a skilled and confident team
- Demonstrated proposal writing skills
- This is not a family or accompanied post.
- At the start of the position, the Country Director will report to the Director of Disaster Response and not to the CEO/CPO. The title of the function might be adjusted to this.
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for these post.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th July, 2018.