Posted on :
25 Jun, 2012
25 Jun, 2012
An independent investment research company seeks to hire an Equity Research Assistant Trainee. The ideal candidate should have committed themselves to a career in investment research and be very comfortable scrutinizing numbers. This is an excellent opportunity to LEARN and GROW for a bright recent graduate with either financial internship during college or professional examinations enrolled with certain stages already passed. Career seekers in equity research sought; job seekers need not bother applying.
To ensure that we weed out job seekers, kindly note that the first month of employment will be UNPAID; if the initial probationary period is passed, salary will commence at the end of the second month for those that successfully complete the first month on-the-job-training.
Applicants are advised not to lie on their curriculum vitae.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Collect data, summarize notes
– Assist with reporting in Excel
– Conduct research on the internet
– Handle requests from Analysts
– Call companies under coverage to get information; compile information
– Special projects as necessary
– Provide support by performing market analysis
– Monitor company/sector news and events and perform other related duties as assigned
– Update the company’s website daily with the required information.
– Increase our client base through reaching out to new clients and explaining our research products and why they need to patronize us. This shows you believe in what you are doing and its relevance. –Physically go out to collect annual reports for companies under coverage.
– Minimum of a 4-year degree (2’1 or better) in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics or Accountancy ONLY
– Must pass our quantitative and verbal aptitude test (No exceptions)
– – Some knowledge of finance and the stock market is REQUIRED
– Experience using the internet to search for varied information successfully
– Strong writing, communication, and analytical skills
– Very strong computer skills, especially on Excel
– Significant experience with Excel
– Desire for a career in investment research and not just curious about a new job
– Comfortable communicating with other people in person and over the phone and confident to face challenges and work under pressure.
– Comfortable reaching out to potential clients to increase patronage of our research products
– Comfortable thinking outside the box and taking initiative
For the right candidate, this role could lead to growth into an Analyst role down the road.
If you fit the bill, kindly send your CV AND Cover Letter to [email protected]. Deadline for receiving applications is Thursday, June 28th, 2012. Test invite will be by email only.