This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya; Accra, Ghana; Lagos, Nigeria or Johannesburg, South Africa.
The area: Partner Solutions Organization
Google’s Partner Solutions Organization (PSO) is a technology group dedicated to developing and managing the company’s largest and most strategic partnerships. Our multi-faceted professionals work together with teams throughout Google to address our partners’ most pressing technology challenges – ones that have no simple answers. We create solutions for and build enduring long-term relationships with organizations that represent outstanding revenue opportunities and/or are strategically important for us to take new, world-shaping technologies to market.
The role: Sales Engineer
Sales Engineers work with Google’s Partner Development team to create and implement technical account strategies, develop innovative solutions and overcome technical obstacles to sign strategic partnership deals. For this job, you’ll bring extensive sales experience with large companies, a strong software development background and detailed knowledge of Internet and telecommunication technologies. You also enjoy working with people and technology more than working with your head down in product development. As such, you have both the ability to interact with engineering teams as well as excellent relationship-building and communication skills. This job requires travel about one-third of the time.
- Training, troubleshooting and Google Apps deployment project management with partner universities.
- Perform implementation reviews, evangelize new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner’s integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation, training and technical guidance.
- Develop proof-of-concept products and software tools to assist in closing deals.
- BA/BS preferred in a technical field with a strong academic record. (MS/MBA is a plus).
- Extensive hands-on experience in Internet or telecom products and technologies in Africa or similar market.
- Experience in deadline-driven, large-scale technical project management or software development in the Internet/Telecommunications space.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail as well as experience working with external clients in a sales environment.
- Proficient in French, English and at least one other African language.
- Willing to travel extensively within Africa.
Click here to view Jobs and apply Online