McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that serves leading businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations, and not-for-profits. We help our clients make lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals. Over nearly a century, we’ve built a firm uniquely equipped to this task.
We hire exceptional people with outstanding capabilities and great potential in four areas: problem-solving, achievement-oriented, a desire to have an impact on the world and leadership. We welcome experienced professionals year-round, whether you have many years of work experience or just a few.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Young Leaders Programme Fellow
Location: Lagos, NG
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll work in our Lagos office as part of our Young Leaders Program (YLP):
- This one-year program is an internship open only to Nigerians doing their mandatory national youth service (NYSC). Interns work as integral members of our teams, experiencing McKinsey life firsthand. The Young Leaders Program helps to develop exceptional young local African talent into real leaders. At the end of the program, high-performing Fellows may receive an offer to join McKinsey as a full-time consultant.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement:
- This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.You’ll gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. YLP’s receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
- Following the end of the YLP program, assuming good performance, you will be offered a full time Business Analyst role with the office.
- Undergraduate or masters degree
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language
- Registered for the NYSC program
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online