ABB Nigeria has been established in Nigeria since 1977 with its headquarters located in Abuja FCT. We have a branch office in Lagos as well as various site/project offices located around the country. ABB Nigeria is recruiting for a Drives Service Engineer.
Drives Service Engineer
Summary of responsibilities: Our Drives Service Engineer offer field service and technical support for our customers regarding ABBLV and MV drives.
- You will manage and execute service contract and be involved in the completion phase of electrical and drives system upgrades including testing, start-up and commissioning.
- You will provide sales support to customers and to sales personnel.
- You will install and commission electrical drives and motor controls while integrating drives and controls with relevant automation systems.
- You will troubleshoot, maintain, and provide onsite technical support for customers.
- A diploma or degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 2 years in experience in on-site testing, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance on variable speed drives.
- Sound knowledge in maintenance methodology, computerised maintenance system automation and PLC.
- Knowledge of process industries such as oil & gas, petrochemical and cement.
- High proficiency in information technology. Basic knowledge of operation of electric motors.
- Ability to manage drives upgrades and replacement related jobs independently.
- Ability to deal timely with escalating critical issues which require higher skilled technical support
Method of Application:
Forward application and CV as one document in MS Word or PDF format to include your 5×7 passport photo to [email protected] indicating your name and position you are applying as subject line. e.g Atoo Kurugh, Service Engineer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 19th February, 2010.