The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc), a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders), is currently seeking experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional ICT Support Engineer
Job Location: Abuja
- Provides ICT user support services to Regional and Area Offices within the Region enabling them to utilize ICT tools more efficiently.
- Provides local hands-on support for specialized ICT teams, in the roll-out of projects, and assistance during troubleshooting and maintenance procedures.
Other Key Roles / Responsibilities
Ensures high availability of applications and IT services to end users:
- Ensures high availability of IT production and corporate applications and services
- Reports and proactively makes recommendations to enhance user experience in the region
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Responds to tickets and hands-on assistance-requests within defined SLOs
- Ensures new applications meet the on-boarding criteria before being on-boarded for support
- Ensures data privacy, data integrity and availability of ICT services
- Carries out resource capacity planning
- Inputs to budget Preparation, Tracking, Reporting
- Supports ICT strategy in the region
- Supports regional manager in building a strong ICT savvy team to meet corporate needs
- Provides ICT training in the region as guided by the Head – User Support and Application Management
- B.Sc./HND in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Sciences, Management Information Systems, Telecommunication Science
- MCSE, MOS, LFCE or equivalent certifications
- Software Development certification a plus
- Structured cabling experience
- Good knowledge of power systems
- Good operational knowledge of network systems, protocols, virtualization, cloud computing, SDN, load balancing
- Work experience with the TCP/IP stack (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Linux and Windows Kernels and utilities
- Good Communication, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
- Self-motivated with focus on results
- Ability to work remotely with minimum supervision
- Passion for excellence in serving users and addressing their needs
- Highly Developed People Skill.
- Strong Project Management Skill.
- Good training and mentoring skills.
- Excellent Organizational & Multitasking skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja, FCT,
Application Deadline: 1st July, 2019
- All applications should include CV and a Cover Letter.
- The subject of your application should be position applied for. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
- Only soft copy of applications will be treated and shortlisted candidates will be an invited for an interview