Adexen was mandated by a multinational FMCG organization to recruit an experienced candidates for its operations in Lagos in the capacity below:
Job Title: National Commercial Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To develop, communicate and execute the annual sales operating plan, while ensuring the sales team have the proper training, tools and motivation to achieve the set targets.
- He must also build the capability of the team for future growth, while assessing and implementing sales related best practices.
- He must also monitor closely the competitors’ activities and performance, while continuously striving to improve the current processes in order to increase the sales volume, market share and profit.
- Play a key role in developing and executing the annual sales plan including the sales volume, related costs and the profit objectives.
- Develop strategies to achieve annual targets.
- Communicate clearly the annual sales target and profit objectives throughout the sales function.
- Track performance against objectives regularly and initiates corrective measures.
- Travel frequently to the regions in order to meet, assess and encourage the sales teams to reach their budget targets.
- Assess the Sales system continuously and ensure continuous improvement.
- Develop the annual agenda in line with the agreed budget.
- Identify and implement best tools to assist in delivering the annual objectives (i.e. Model store, Territory University, AS&D, etc.)
- Produce daily/ weekly /monthly reports that compare the actual figures v targets.
- Produce monthly market share reports.
- Lead the standardization and implementation of core sales processes and tools.
- Develop, execute and monitor sales related best practices
- Ensure a cost effective call coverage system for customers is implemented and recommend appropriate corrective measures when necessary (i.e. selling system changes, organization change, training needs, etc.)
- Work closely with other key functions within the company.
- Ensure pricing compliance within the trade and the sales force.
- Ensure compliance within the approved pricing and discount policy.
- Monitor regularly competitors sales volume and recommend any as actions as required.
- Build an effective team based environment and motivate employees to optimize their performance by follow the company’s PMP process.
- Ensure that the sales force is supported through regular coaching sessions, field visits and is provided with the necessary training.
- Develop an effective organizational structure that can deliver the annual sales plan and ensure a strong bench is available.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- MBA a plus
- 15 years in sales experience, of which at least 5 years have been at a senior sales management level, within the FMCG Industry
- Able to display a successful proven track record in a similar role.
- Experience working within a multi plant/ multi location environment.
- A results driven individual.
- Ability to lead and motivate large teams.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Culturally sensitive with the ability to manage diverse teams.
- Effective decision – making skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.