Posted on :
1 Apr, 2010
1 Apr, 2010
The function of the Project HSE Advisor is to assist the Project Director / Manager in the implementation of an HSE program that will provide an incident and injury free working environment.
He/She has the authority to act independently of all other functions to ensure compliance with rules, regulations and procedures, and to initiate corrective actions as deemed necessary. He/she will refer any deviation to Group procedures, rules and policies to the Projects HSE Head. The position is based in Lagos.
· Assists and advises the Project Director / Manager in all matters pertaining to the health, the safety and the security of personnel, the safeguarding of equipment and the preservation of the environment.
· Advises on HSE legislation when required.
· Liaises with Company on HSE matters and represents the HSE function at Project meetings as required.
· Prepares and maintains Project specific HSE documents as per Project requirements.
· Informs relevant Project and Worksites personnel of their content in a timely manner and verify implementation.
· Ensures that appropriate Emergency Response arrangements are in place for the Project.
· Sets up & schedule the Project specific HSE activities as per Project requirements.
· Ensures the Safety critical elements related to the works are identified. Interface with the Industrial Risk discipline as appropriate.
· Co-ordinates & monitors execution of the PHAs & HIRAs. Ensures that all new risk assessments are included in the HIRA data base and participate in its maintenance.
· Ensures Suppliers HSE Management process is implemented on the Project.
· Carries out regular visits at the workplaces (onshore, offshore) as per Project HSE activities needs.
· Schedules & carries out Site HSE Check Ratings according to relevant plan and ensure that resultant actions are closed out (including Suppliers worksites).
· Reviews Undesired Event Reports prepared by the worksites involved on the Project (Suppliers included), and reports them to Client once agreed.
· Follows-up the investigations and monitors the recommendations close-out. Prepares periodic analysis of accidents / incidents on the Project.
· Maintains and analyses Project HSE statistics.
· Issues Project monthly HSE reports.
· Promotes & participates and Project specific Health, Safety & Environment awareness, training & communications campaigns.
· Co-ordinates Project HSE training requirements with the PASS Coordinator.
· Suggests improvements to the HSE procedures, guidelines and tools to enhance performance in HSE.
· Advises on any additional Project HSE resources need on the Project and coordinates their activities with the support of the Projects HSE Head.
· Ensures Lessons Learnt are identified during the lifetime of the Project and disseminated to the Project team & HSEQ department.
· Issues a Project HSES Debrief report at the end of the Project.
· Participates to HSEQ Department activities upon request.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Holding HSE Certificate or diploma
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in oil & gas industry, offshore environment
· Experience of operations and in implementation of HSE key processes at the worksites (onshore, offshore)
· Developing HSE plans in accordance with regulations and specifications
· Carrying out audits and investigations and producing the subsequent reports
· Good interpersonal skills of communication, ability to negotiate, to share and promote ideas, to lead training/awareness sessions
· Creative, autonomous, flexible and adaptable
WHAT IS ON OFFER