African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Information Technology Governance, Program Management Officer, Planning & Administration and Enterprise Architecture, CHIS.0
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50084350
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, Information Technology (IT), general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy, to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the Bank’s Information System’s Director, CHIS department is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible IT services for Bank staff and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
The main responsibilities of the Lead IT Governance, Program Management Officer and Enterprise Architecture are to:
- Increase organizational effectiveness through efficient use of IT to make the Bank more agile, efficient, and more responsive to the needs of countries, thereby enhancing development effectiveness.
- Facilitate achievements of the goals of the new Business Development and Delivery Model (DBDM) with regard to both sectoral and operational activities by ensuring a well-managed, robust, efficient, innovative and highly available IT services.
- Support Bank’s diverse set of users from those that require operational and tactical information/data support to senior management that requires access to varied data sets for strategic decision making.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality IT service and enable achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Client satisfaction with Services offerings, availability and services levels.
- Coordinate the Enterprise Architecture Team.
- Coordinate the Program Management Officer (PMO) activities.
- Coordinate Digital & innovation Program.
- Support Bank’s diverse set of users, i.e. those requiring operational and tactical support.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality IT service and enable achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the adoption of EA within IT organization first and the other units in the Bank.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Director CHIS, the Lead IT Governance, Program Management Officer and Enterprise Architecture will undertake the following:
- Lead in long-range strategy planning and manage policy development to address complex business issues, provide leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Review service continuity and availability plans taking into consideration applicable business operations, risks and service requirements with BCP, Security and the external services providers.
- Review all the business requests before presentation to ISSC and advise ISSC on the GO or NOGO.
- Oversee the development of service-based management processes, controls and measures to ensure quality of service is maintained to meet business objectives.
- Champion & promote on-going service improvements to continually enhance quality and customer satisfaction with respect to Fields office / Regional Center, working closely with IT external and internal services providers Division.
- Manage globally distributed teams, including Third Party Vendors and Outsourced Partners to guarantee deliverables to Time, Budget and Quality Objectives.
- Work with CHIS stakeholders to ensure that the Solutions Delivery Road Map reflects current priorities.
- Ensure that Program / Project Dependencies are reflected on the Road Map and are under active management at all times.
- Ensure that programs and projects are adequately staffed and funded at all times.
- Regularly review service related KPI’s that identify the success of the services being utilized to recommend & coordinate the implementation of changes in services to improve overall metrics.
- Design and implement a continuous improvement program which seeks to improve both customer satisfaction and demonstrably improve program, project and Business Analysis metrics year-on-year.
- Responsible for executing projects against the agreed IT Strategy and the agreed Enterprise Architecture.
- Lead the Program / Project Managers to deliver professional assignments, staffed with appropriately skilled individuals, delivering to the expectations of CHIS’s customers.
- Focus on cost savings, high performance, high reliability, quality of user experience and architectural alignment of solutions.
- Carry out regular need assessment and ensure the IT services respond to the business need at all times.
- Successful management of budget and head count responsibilities.
- Ensure that the business solutions being delivered via support fully align with business requirements.
- Ensure that third-party contracts are continually assessed for value, be that in the search for cost efficiency, service enhancements or improvements or to leverage those contracts for additional services.
- Define, implement and maintain service continuity and availability levels agreed by customers.
- Work with the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) Management Team to ensure that support resources are adequately provisioned and skilled on a global basis.
- Accountable for proactively and holistically leading enterprise responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analyzing the execution of change toward the desired business vision and targeted outcomes.
- Responsible for taking a practical approach to supporting the business. This starts and ends with a focus on delivering signature-ready, actionable recommendations to business leaders, so they can adjust policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes.
- Lead the formal Enterprise Architecture (EA) program, managing a team of architects (business, information, solution, technical and other) in a direct capacity (solid-line reporting relationship).
- Responsible for helping business leaders enable their future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization’s targeted business outcomes through the choice of programs, projects and initiatives the organization chooses to invest in.
- of practically applying existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models. Understand, monetize and operationalize new technologies.
- Coordinate Enterprise Architecture Review Board activities.
- Recommend and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Advise and recommends enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Technology management, Telecommunications Engineering or related area.
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in IT service management, IT technology including at least three (3) years of experience at management level and at international level.
- Experience in managing mission critical enterprise Information and Communication Technology (ICT) services and implementing IT service management is required.
- Excellent knowledge of IT Service Management and Client Relation Management.
- Excellent knowledge of a Portfolio / Program / Project / PMO disciplines.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and Tracking and maintaining budget systems and reconciling department budgets to minimize costs and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Knowledge and proven experience of procurement process: entire process or function of acquiring products or services to support business operations.
- Effective and efficient deployment of resources, including reassessment and reallocation in a dynamic multi-project environment, to achieve optimum results.
- Knowledge of Customer Service Techniques: Techniques for ensuring that full account is taken of customers’ real and stated needs in the delivery of products and services.
- Proven experience in People Management.
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, micro services, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments.
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Knowledge of business engineering principles and processes.
- Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories.
- Entrepreneurial, focused on delivering real benefits for customers.
- Focused on delivering operational stability for customers, results driven.
- Ability to gain an appreciation of relevant specialty areas.
- Investigative and evidence-based decision maker.
- Practical / Pragmatic, values results more than activity.
- Seek multiple solution options, making effective recommendations.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 5th March, 2020