Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Lekki, Phase 1, Lagos
Reporting to: Head of Accounts Management (Strategic Reports Issues)
Role in Summary:
- Oversees all accounting & tax activities of the company.
- Efficiently manage company financial software tools.
- Maintains effective internal control with total statutory compliance at all time.
- To ensure the financial stability & growth of the organization.
- Supervise and manage the A/R, A/P and GL Account postings of the Payable Accountant, Receivable Accountant & other Accountants on a timely basis.
- Supervision of Inventory activities – Inventory Receipts, Issues, Stock count, Costing of Stock items and posting of activities into the GL Accounts.
- Management of month-end closing of the A/R, A/P and all GL accounts.
- Monitoring daily/weekly financial activities and monthly Accounts Reconciliation (Bank Accounts, Customers Accounts, Vendors Accounts and other GL Accounts)
- Supervise postings and remittances of the various Tax obligations—WHT, VAT, PAYE, Staff Pensions, others.
- Actively participate in the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual preparation of Financial/Management Accounts and other Financial Performance Reports.
- Actively participate in the annual Statutory Financial Audit and other Regulatory Audits.
- Supervision of the Accounts Reconciliation of Paystack and other payment gateway institutions.
- Assist in relationship management with Tax and other regulatory agencies
- Assist in relationship management with the Statutory Auditors and other consultants
- Actively participate in the financial and overall business improvement processes and procedures.
- Provides leadership: mentors & trains the Junior Accounts Personnel.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned to you by the Management from time to time.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Timely rendition of financial reports.
- Proactive & efficient management of financial resources.
- Timely & accurate completion of month-end closing calendar.
- Low reduction in variance between budget & actual.
- Maintenance of good relationships with Vendors and business partners.
- Effective cash flow forecasting & management.
- Supervision of collection of revenue as at when due.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Degree holder in Accounting from a reputable higher institution.
- Professional Certification from recognized Accounting Bodies such as ICAN, ACCA etc.
- Must have 6 -10 years cognate experience in a similar position from a reputable big organization.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability.
- Good knowledge of financial software.
- Attention to detail & thoroughness.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance,
- Excellent organizational & leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal abilities.
Salary: Very Attractive.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 3pm, Friday, 29th October, 2021.
Note: Any application received after the closing date will be automatically rejected.