Amaget Online Store is one of Nigeria’s leading online market place; we are a one-stop shop for all your IT needs. We launched in 2008 and our mission is to make Amaget Online Store your preferred shopping destination. We serve a retail customer base that continues to grow exponentially. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Ikeja Computer Village, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
- Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances a bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Producing error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Liaise with the Managing Director and Human Resource Manager on how to improve financial procedures.
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, or senior accountant (with an IT Sales company is a great advantage)
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and foreign exchange
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail – very crucial
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Relevant certification.
Monthly Salary Budget: N120,000 – N150,000 / month.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in PDF Format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 13th May, 2021.
Note: Please read requirements carefully before sending in your Resume.