BGI Energy Services Limited is a diversified oil, gas and construction company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. From engineering and construction in the oil and gas sectors to project management and professional training services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant will be responsible for managing all financial and management accounting and financial risks.
- The role is strategic but primarily operational and will include daily financial planning, reporting and analysis, treasury and tax functions, budgetary planning and control, financial modelling and overall support for business development financial strategies.
- Specifically, the role will provide financial management advisory and develop financial policies and procedures; prepare financial statements for the Board in accordance with statutory requirements and best practice.
- Responsible for project accounting.
- Controls Corporate Budgets and Accounts and provide quality and timely financial reports.
- Ensures prompt payment and accounting for VAT/WHT/ PAYE.
- Sets guidelines and ensures implementation of monthly and quarterly accounts closing and reporting to all stake holders.
- Oversees all financial transactions, including billing, payable, receivables and credit control
- Develops, disseminates and monitors compliance with a risk response framework appropriate for own department.
- Manages Accounting knowledge, information and data to ensure application of common standards.
- Responsible for Fixed asset accounting.
- Responsible for managing and organizing Business Controls & Compliance process.
- Monitors compliance of Risk Policy and Internal Control Policy, and provides annual assurance of same.
- Ensure necessary documentation of all accounting books.
- Manages relationships with auditors, tax advisers, bankers and other parties as directed by the CFO.
- Ensures integrity of the Ledger and that internal controls exist in all systems and processes.
- Manages Receivables, including those received through debit advice, tariffs, direct charge or reallocation.
- Reviews and agrees the basis of monthly/quarterly valuation of stationery, fuel and other consumables.
- Benchmarks financial accounting processes, identify and disseminate best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Relevant management qualification or training.
- Minimum of 5 years’ broad experience in finance. Experience in Oil and Gas and Process Industry will be an added advantage
- Basic IT skills.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance will be an added advantage. ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA or other finance related qualifications.
Interested and qualified candidates should send and address their Application Letter and CV through the “HR Manager” via: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline: 13th September, 2019