The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and registered in Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity building organization. The organization aims at mobilizing global opinion for democratic development and provides an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development process in West Africa. CDD envisions a West Africa that is democratically governed, economically integrated – promoting human security and people centred development. Since its inception, the Centre has remained focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centered development and human rights.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position.
- B.Sc/BA in business administration, social sciences or relevant field; further training will be a plus. Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.).
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures. Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of Human Resource Management System is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude. Strong ethics and reliability. HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute).
- The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems. Provide counselling on policies and procedures. Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process. Create and implement effective onboarding plans. Develop training and development programmes. Assist in performance management processes.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues. Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements. Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
Job Title: Programme Officer
- The successful candidates will hold degree level education in the Social Sciences, Humanities, Law or related disciplines, excellent IT and administrative skills, adaptability to new demands and changing circumstances, sound analytical and report writing skills, ability to translate strategic aims into practical plans, ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines as well as demonstrable experience of project management and multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication qualities will be coupled with teamwork skills and the post-holder will have a good understanding of democratization, international development and human security issues in the West Africa sub-region.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page Applications plus a maximum 3 page CV (in one document) with details of current remuneration, contact addresses (not P.O.Box) and telephone number(s) to: [email protected]
- Persons with disabilities and females are strongly advised to apply
- We are an equal opportunity employer of labour committed to feminist principles, human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 19th March, 2018.