Family Health International (FHI) is dedicated to improving lives, knowledge, and understanding worldwide through a highly diversified program of research, education, and services. FHI is recruiting for a Director of Communications & Knowledge Management
The Director Communication & Knowledge Management will lead the overall communications strategy of FHI Nigeria with the Nigerian government and other local and international decision makers, donors, partners and key stakeholders.
- The Director will actively manage relationships for FHI Nigeria with key stakeholders especially in communicating GHAIN strategies on partnership and sustainability of USAID funded public health interventions.
- S/He will lead communication of achievements, capabilities and achievements of GHAIN in public health.
- S/He will lead strategic behavior change communications in all program areas.
- Demonstrated broad management and team building experience, preferably in developing countries with USAID programs;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with donors, local governments, donor-funded implementers and other organizations;
- Experience in overall supervision of training and capacity building programs;
- Supervisory and/or management work experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff, evaluation of staff performance and deliverables;
- Demonstrated leadership in management skills and ability to lead and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, ministry officials, and other development partners;
- Experience developing and communicating a project vision, aligning key stakeholders around the vision, and assuring the vision is translated into an efficiently implemented program;
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Experience working in Africa, previous experience in Nigeria and strong knowledge of the Nigerian Health context (systems strengthening priorities/needs) are strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of language(s) spoken in Nigeria is a plus;
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria.
Pls note that This position is open to local applicants only. No expatriate benefits will be provided.
- BS/BA in Communication or related field, and 11-13 years relevant experience in international development programs with 5-7 years supervisory experience.
- MS/MA in Communication or related field, and 9 – 11 years relevant experience in international development programs, with 5-7 years supervisory experience.
- PhD, MD or equivalent degree with 7 – 9 years relevant experience in international development programs and 5-7 years of supervisory experience.
- Overseas field experience required.
Remuneration: FHI has a competitive compensation package.
Application Method: Interested candidates should register online through Family Health International’s global career center. All offers are contingent upon awarded proposal.
Deadline: 26th November, 2009.
Click here to apply online.