The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) represented by the ECOWAS Commission intends to recruit a consultant firm to carry out a market survey on goods/works items.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (firm) to indicate their interests in providing the service below:
Job Title: Consultant Firm for Market Survey for Goods / Works Items
Client: ECOWAS Commission
Type: Expression of Interest (EOI)
- The main objective is to facilitate the creation of a database of prices of goods and services such as office equipment, computer equipment/consumables, office furniture, stationaries, and Works related items/services such as sanitary fittings, ceramic tiles, tiling/per square meter, door locks/cartridges, amongst others, to guide the Directorate of General Administration through the procurement process for such items..
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant Firm
- Visit reputable business concerns situated in Abuja and Lagos for the purpose of obtaining the prices of the items listed in the Terms of Reference based on approved technical specifications provided by the Commission/User/Technical Departments;
- Analyze the information (prices/specifications) in the course of the survey, and benchmark same with what obtains in similar international organizations.
The qualifications of the Consultant firm should include, among others:
- The prospective consultant firm shall be versed in conducting market study or survey for procurement processes as well as data collection, analysis and presentation, with good command of the English language, whilst the mastery or passable expertise in any of the ECOWAS languages will be an added advantage. The consultant firm shall be made up of a team which possess relevant industry experience and educational certification in the following areas of study:
- Head of team – With a minimum Master’s educational qualification in Procurement or Supply chain management / Economics / Statistics / Accounting / Marketing / Public or Business Administration or related field. Should have at least five years experience in field sales/marketing
- Building / Civil Engineer – With a minimum Master’s educational qualification in engineering or related field with at least three years working experience.
- The selection procedure will be selection of Consultant (firm) based on the Consultant’s Qualification and the selected Consultant firm will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. Please note that the selected consultant firm will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Consultants (firm) should indicate their interests in providing these services. The interested Consultants firms must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following:
- Curriculum and Certificates;
- Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years;
- Computer knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project).
Expression of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Recruitment Of A Consultant Firm For Market Survey For Goods / Works Items For Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS)”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
Abuja – Nigeria.
This request for EoI can also be viewed on the following website: http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
Application Deadline 20th September, 2018.
- The attention of interested Consultant firms is drawn to Article 87 of the ECOWAS Tender Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), setting forth corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per Article 17. (h) of the ECOWAS Tender Code.
- Interested consultant firms may obtain further information at the stated address above during office hours – Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1 Or by E-mail to the following addresses: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected]
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.