The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja and Maiduguri Sub Delegations are looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancies below.
Job Title: Water and Habitat Assistant
- Support the team in follow up of basic administrative procedures: payment, correspondence, hand over and donation certificates;
- Update list of retention periods and expiry dates for all water and habitat projects
- Ensure that all relevant documents for contracts (Requisition orders, Purchase Orders, contracts, amendments, and selection tablets) are available, archived and shared with all staff concerned.
- Assist Water and Habitat staff to retire invoices and clear the cash advance;
- Collect data of project beneficiaries from engineers in change, compile and submit to Team Leader
- Ensures information flow within the department
- Organizes Water and Habitat department internal weekly meeting with inputs of the Team Leader, prepares and share lists of action points for follow-up
- Compiles contributions to the Weekly Operational Report and submit to the Team Leader
- Higher diploma in accounting and/or technical certificate in secretariat or equivalent training
- 1-2 years in same experience
- Good computer skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- High capacity to work in a team.
- High motivation and proactivity, taking responsibility
- Good Planning and Organization skills
- Very good communication skills
Job Title: Restoring Family Link (RFL) Assistant
- Supports the coordination of ICRC/Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) RFL activities in the different regions and the implementation of RFL activities in Abuja
- In charge of office-based tasks, such as reporting, filing, submitting and reconciling expense reports, corresponding with the teams on the field
- Receives visits and phone enquiries from the beneficiaries and respond to them
- Supports the team in field work, when needed, which entails traveling within the area of responsibility, sometimes for several days
- Participates in the preparation and logistics of RFL trainings held by ICRC and NRCS
- Raises Requisition Orders to purchase the items needed for field activities
- Interviews beneficiaries for RFL purposes and documents cases
- Responsible for the management of the stock and dispatch of dissemination material
- Helps maintain regular contact with the beneficiaries with periodical follow-up by phone and visits
- University degree or specialized training;
- 2 years work experience in humanitarian work;
- Very good command of written and spoken English, and spoken Hausa; Kanuri and/or French are an asset;
- Very good computer skills, in particular with Excel, Word, if possible PowerPoint;
- Good knowledge of Nigerian geography.
- Good analytical skills;
- Detail-orientation and precision;
- Very good writing and reporting skills;
- Capacity to work within a team;
- Good inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others, very good communication skills;
- Committed to work and able to work under supervision or independently as required;
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary;
- Capacity to learn and to adapt to new work methods;
- Discretion and confidentiality, self-control;
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures.
- Very well organized, with good planning abilities
How to Apply
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
Please clearly indicate the job title and location as the subject of your application, Example: “Water and Habitat Assistant Maiduguri” or “RFL Assistant Abuja“
(Applications intended for this role without a subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 25.07.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.