Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Development Officer
- To assist Product Development Department and R&D Department to develop the new projects and help with the rest of team to prepare all our projects for market launch
- To develop R&D objectives in group’s BU for cost effective recipes, formulations, RM substitution, variants, process changes and standards, quality specification etc. in consonance with the Business Units plan
- Complete development, optimization and cost reduction projects for specified customers, proactively and/or in response to briefs to achieve sales growth
- To ensure an activity plan along with timelines, resources, equipment’s and space needed to execute the R&D deliverables.
- To carry out NPD initiatives, lead trials on the shop floor or open market along with production teams, and coordinate with marketing or project management team for market testing of new product prototypes and feedback thereof
- Once the product concept and formulation are finalized, coordinate with manufacturing for productionizing and firming up process methodology and SOP’s
- Creating & maintaining the formulas, process to manufacture, Raw material and finish product specification and other R&D related documents
- Conducting and proper documenting the chemical & physical analysis – Target and new products
- Meeting Internal/External Customer sample requirements
- Organize and Participate in internal Sensory taste panel sessions
- Identify innovative ideas to deliver solutions and services
- Build, grow and communicate the knowledge base of competitors (direct and indirect) with the help of the business development and sales teams
- Research global trends and activities within all operations, equipment and ingredients and share the info with the relevant teams
- 5 ‘O’ level credits including Mathematics and English in not more than 2 sitting
- Bachelor’s Degree B.Sc in Food Science or any related field.
- Experience in R&D and product development.
- Must be able to speak Hausa.
5 years cognate experience.
The Person Must:
- Be self-motivated
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have leadership qualities
- Be a “people-person”
- Be very detailed and research-oriented
- Be able to multi-task
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Note: FMN is an equal employment opportunity company and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to our company or any agency.