APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 800 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Job Title: Global Terminal Development Program (GTDP) Trainer
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals Apapa and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the Training Supervisor.
- Plan and prepare GTDP instructor-led training with standard lesson materials.
- Delivering GTDP instructor-led training courses depending on business needs.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Assess participants after delivering GTDP modules.
- Maintains the GTDP training database, with electronic records of all courses completed by Staff, with attendance, grades, final report, and so forth. Updates the database as required, but regularly, so that current information is always available.
- Provides feedback reports and results to the Training Supervisor.
- Issuing of GTDP Certificates to successful participants.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous process and relationship improvements between training, training materials fulfillment, documentation and technical writing.
- University Degree in Communications, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Requires at least two years of experience working in a similar role, preferably in ports and terminal operation.
- Requires some previous experience that demonstrates an ability to train others and give instructions.
- Should possess Communication, Presentation and People skills.
- Requires the ability to communicate both in English & Pidgin English.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Tools.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
Method of Application
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 17/Apr/ 2012.
Please apply through the online by click apply button below and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications, please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.