Greengates Group Limited is a multinational and majorly family held equity company established over 22 years ago to provide world-class products and services in all the countries it operates. From a vantage position, presence and partnerships with time tested and successful institutions in major industrialized and commercial capital in Europe, North America and Asia, we have acquired a world-class solution to meeting our customers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope and General Purpose
- To drive the business by increasing profit for the hotel and to manage the operational area in such a manner that customer satisfaction and budgeted profit margins are achieved and that a good company image is projected, thus ensuring continued growth.
- Responsible to: The Director
- Responsible for: All hotel staff
- Liaises with:
- Other Operations Managers
- Heads of Department
- Purchasing Department
- Limits of Authority:
- According to each company’s regulations.
- Have a great marketing ability
- To drive business into the hotel to ensure profitability.
- To ensure the efficient management of all department.
- To ensure that each unit contributes the agreed budgeted profits.
- To provide effective leadership through professional man-management and encouragement of subordinates.
- To carry out regular, meaningful performance appraisals conducted in such a manner that effective, open, two-way communication is maintained.
- To follow up and ensure that the agreed action and developmental plans identified at these appraisals are being effected.
- To carry out monthly performance reviews, coach and direct activities to achieve desired performance.
- To draw up, in conjunction with the Personnel Manager, meaningful succession and career plans for all management staff.
- To monitor progress of agreed succession and career plans and ensure that these are adhered to.
- To ensure that unit managers are conducting regular performance appraisals and drawing up appropriate action and developmental training plans for their subordinate managers, using job descriptions as a guide.
- To ensure that the company’s objective relating to labour turnover is achieved or bettered.
- To ensure that subordinates are totally conversant with and practising good industrial relations procedures.
- To ensure that subordinates are totally conversant with and implementing all company policies and procedures.
- To review and analyse monthly results, highlight problem areas and take appropriate action to rectify poor performance.
- To ensure that all financial targets are being achieved, e.g. through purchase discounts, debt collection, etc.
- To compile and agree meaningful, achievable budgets through accurate research and application of in-depth knowledge of the industry.
- To make recommendations for salary increases for subordinate staff, basing these recommendations on objective performance reviews and market-related equivalent positions.
- To stay “close to the customer” and maintain effective communication with him at all times through a planned programme of formal meetings and entertainment.
- To ensure that complaints or problems are actioned without delay and that effective follow-up action takes place to avoid a recurrence.
- To ensure that the company’s training objectives are achieved.
- To attend all company social and promotional functions, maintaining a high profile with current and prospective clients.
- To be aware of current trends in the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented for the benefit of the company.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required and continually strive for the improvement of won professional skills.
- To liaise and work closely with external agents sales executives to ensure that realistic, achievable proposals are submitted and followed up on to meet set targets.
- To maintain effective working relationships with line and staff functions to ensure the efficient opening of new contracts.
- To ensure continuous patronage of clients to the hotel.
- To create awareness within and without to push traffic to the hotel.
- To use Social media to drive customers to the hotel.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2023.