GVE Projects Limited is a leading distributed renewable energy solutions provider on a mission to end energy poverty in Africa through a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation and maintenance of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, industrial and rural off-grid or under-served communities across Nigeria.
Our solutions are tailored to reliably meet the electricity needs of our clients, resulting in energy cost reduction, improved efficiency and sustainability for which we have been recognized by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the fastest-growing private companies in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Supervising Engineer (West)
Reports To: Head, Engineering and Service Delivery and Head, Field Operations
- Regional Supervising Engineer holds a very vital and strategic role in the company. This position is expected to drive the company’s strategy implementation through coordination of operations in the assigned region and in compliance with global best practices, policies, systems and procedures as led down by GVE operational procedures.
- In charge of managing the company’s technical operation in the assigned region.
- Represent the face of the company in the region.
- Manage customer’s expectations, serve as a link between customer and the company: serve as second level escalation to customer queries.
- Translate customer requirements and/or change requests in functional and high-level technical specifications, keeping in mind the technical and functional integrity of the solution.
- Validate implemented solution against the functional specifications and as ‘inspector’ to ensure that the solution will match the business requirements.
The Regional Supervising Engineer (West) is actively responsible for:
- Reviewing the implementation of power system designs and distribution grid designs for sites (Mini-grid and SHS)
- Working with partners and subcontractors to develop and apply multiple approaches to assess and forecast demand, including proprietary machine learning models and industry standard energy modelling software, while mitigating for risks;
- Oversing the development of technical designs for energy and distribution systems for our system that utilize solar PV and/or batteries and/or diesel backup systems (master of hybrid systems implementation)
- Developing design standards for project development that are appropriate for local contexts and follow international best practices;
- Reviewing /developing technical assessments of system components, including, but not limited to: metering and billing mechanisms; remote shutdown and use of mobile phone platforms and/or GIS management systems to facilitate an efficient and smooth operation.
- When needed, develop or review shop drawings and engineering plans (site surveys; site plan, layout, and identification rings; electrical single line diagrams; Instrumentation and control systems; major equipment list with sizing; major equipment specifications and operating models; energy production estimation; and, recommended optimum mini-grid system capacity and configurations);
- Liaising with line managers, host communities and clients to drive business development and company growth
- Contributing targeted written inputs on process efficiency improvement.
- Managing inventory and stock for the region.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities of the field engineers in the regions.
- Reviewing installations and perform project go-live review, ensure E2E compliance to the company’s set standards.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (Master’s Degree is a plus).
- 4 years of relevant experience in electrical systems design and installation preferably in the renewable sector in Nigeria
- Skilled in Electrical Systems Design and implementation
- High IT literacy level. Ability to use excel, MS office suite, data analysis/ management applications and CRM.
What We Offer:
- A competitive remuneration, performance bonus and career development opportunities.
- Full benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid vacation etc.
- Amazing work life balance.
- Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals who are driving global revolutionary change.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
20th March, 2023.