International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving Security Manager
- The Country Security Manager works at the direction of the Country Director and the Director of Global Security. The primary function of the Country Security Manager is provide assistance to the Country Director and country programs, as assigned, on all issues of safety and security as they relate to staff at a program site.
- The Country Security Manager will monitor and assess security conditions, assist and provide direction to country management teams and Security Focal Points (SFP’s). The Director of Global Security (DGS) is the technical manager for the Country Security Manager.
- The Country Security Manager oversees daily security management of a country program site and manages the National Security Officers, as well as trains and mentors Security Focal Points.
- Develop and update the Security Risk Assessments (SRA’s), SOP’s and Contingency Plans
- Supervise and train National Security Manager and Security Focal Points
- Coordinate and monitor security activities to ensure that safety and security policies and procedures are implemented
- Collects security related information from local and regional resources as it applies to sites and communicates with Director of Global Security (DGS) and Country Director (CD) as appropriate
- Monitors the security preparedness of country staff and works with CD to enforce staff compliance with internal security policies and SOPs
- When directed by the DGS, carry out investigations and capture lessons learned to be incorporated into future staff trainings
- Act as a key member of the Field Incident Team when required during a crisis so that safety policies and procedures are implemented
- Ensure that all field staff is fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce staff vulnerability to those threats
- Design and drill warden systems, emergency communications networks, and provisioning of emergency supplies for field personnel
- Ensure internal incident tracking system is utilized properly and perform incident mapping and analysis
- Ensures logistics follows a servicing and maintenance schedule for vehicles
- Audits communications equipment and facilitates communications-related assistance when necessary.
- Recommends changes in country security plans to CD and DGS as needed
- Ensure induction security briefings are conducted to all arriving staff, visitors or volunteers
- Ensure weekly security reports are completed and sent to headquarters, providing timely updates of all situational and security developments including investigation of security incidents:
- Conducts and submits Security Risk Assessments of programs, as required.
- Conducts and submits full Site Security Surveys of every site visited.
- Conducts and submits Trip Reports of all high-risk field deployments.
- The above should be completed using the Security Department approved templates, and be submitted to the Director of Global Security and the other HQ security staff.
- Keep excellent records and logs to ensure continuity of this position
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of qualified national security field staff, recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the Country Director
- Make frequent site visits to facilities to carry out security assessments and ensure appropriate care and training are being conducted. Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
Training/ Capacity Building:
- Determine training needs for the security staff
- Train senior national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability
- Works with DGS and CD to conduct any staff security training that is warranted.
- Maintain excellent working relationships as a member of the country team senior management.
- Build strong professional relationships with UN agencies, local authorities and other NGO’s
- Maintain local networks to ensure community acceptance and local information
- Attends security coordination meetings and updates CD on current security issues
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Seven years of work experience in Security Risk Management & crisis management in emergency as well as development settings
- Must have experience in unstable and resource deprived environments
- Strong understanding of cultural, political and religious environment in the region, and be able to live and work successfully in those environments
- Experience in the management of disaster relief personnel in hazard areas
- Practical experience and knowledge of threat assessment and personal Security Management
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal an organization skills
- Must be able to read and write fluent English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply