Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Product Manager
Location: Lagos (Onsite)
Job Type: Full time
About the Job:
- The Technical Product Manager is responsible for managing the end-to-end lifecycle of Infrastructure and DevOps products that are the bedrock of our market-facing products and services.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong product management background along with infrastructure domain knowledge (compute, storage, networks, DevOps, etc).
- S/He will build clear product strategies, roadmaps, and specifications to support business and technology goals with a focus on Devops / Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure.
- S/He will also execute those roadmaps to meet requirements, sweating existing assets and leveraging interdependencies to achieve the goals while optimizing value from investments.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define a cohesive infrastructure product vision, product strategy, roadmap, goals and internally communicate within the organization.
- Research and applies industry developments and best practices and their own experience as they apply to product vision and strategy.
- Identifies market need and interfacing with customers (Engineering teams and other users of infrastructure products) to understand pain points and deliver needed solutions; Facilitate customer co-creation sessions and interpret customer insights as input for roadmap creation and management
- Combine qualitative research with quantitative analysis to deliver insights that inform our product decisions.
- Defines and manages the product’s metrics, including cost, requirement and reliability.
- Translate ambiguous or complex ideas into clear product specifications and executable projects; Will also be required to translate complex technical capabilities into clear business benefits.
- Creates and maintains the product’s definition, inclusive of customer-facing SLOs/SLAs.
- Creates and maintains the product(s) roadmap(s) & Prioritizes the product backlog.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure fulfillment of product requirements, evaluate product performance and transition products into day-to-day operations
- Oversees and drives the go-to-market and strategic marketing plans for the product.
- Help evolve the Product Management discipline within the Technology department.
Qualifications / Experience / Competencies:
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field preferred
- Standard industry certifications for Product Management, Agile .
- Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience in infrastructure management – Compute, storage, networks, CI/CD processes, DevOPS, tools, technologies, and best practices.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with minimum of 3+ years in technical product management or a related role on a technical backend or infrastructure-based systems.
- Strategic impact – Ability to consistently understand and contribute to the technology strategy & deliver on business outcomes
- Crafting strategy – Understand business and customer needs and create product strategies that solve customer problems and exceed business outcomes
- Product Vision & Roadmapping – Experience creating and iterating technical product roadmaps.
- Feature Specification – Experience facilitating technical discussions about products and features and providing feedback and inputs for technical designs
- Fluency with Data & Customer Insights – Experienced in using data & customer insights to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online